Monday, February 18, 2013

Power To Be Fully Persuaded



Key Scripture:  "He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief..."
Romans 4:20
Power Point:
Okay, here’s a little truth I want to share. Sometimes it used to take me a while to believe God. There- I’ve said it.  Sometimes when the process was long and arduous the “creepy things” crept into my heart and stole away my faith seeds. I had read all the highlighting in my Bible. I had bought all the CD's, gone to all the conferences and in the afterglow of that I could be spewing faith all over the place. And then things didn’t change, or didn’t look like they were supposed to look. My knees sagged and my energy left.
But that was then and this is NOW! Now I have grown in my knowing of Him. Now I don’t have to look farther than what I know about Him.  I know His will is good and acceptable and perfect. Now I can just move to “Restville”, and check my mailbox daily to see if the answers have come yet. In the meantime, I’m filling myself so full of Who God is and Who He is for me that I have come to the point were I am fully persuaded. Totally convinced. Determinedly believing. Why? Not because I’m this great person of faith or even because I’m His favorite. I can be fully persuaded that my answer is on the way because I know Him, the One Whom I’ve believed in.  I can’t be swayed from the goodness of God and the fact that He is stirring up a tremendous blessing for me to reward my trust.
Why?  Well, that’s Who He is. Those are the things He wants me to believe in, to love and to trust Him for. In the past few years, I can truthfully say that not one day has gone by without an experience of His goodness to me.
Do you remember when Jesus spoke to the fig tree and it withered and Peter was so taken aback? Jesus just looks at him with that twinkle in His eye,  points to the dead tree and says, “Have faith in God.” That seems simple enough doesn’t it? However the truth is that we usually allow ourselves to have more faith in the problem than in the God who promises that we can move it out of our way.  He says, “YOU can move the mountains." Why?  Because we can believe that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do. For us.
We can refuse to believe that He won’t show up on our behalf. We refuse to doubt that He’s amazingly good all the time. We become so firmly entrenched in our confidence in Him that nothing, and nobody can make us voice even the smallest doubt. I don’t have to “toil” at believing anymore because over these last years I’ve put my hand in His and said, “Whatever You say, I’ll believe, because I know who You are."

Have you ever thought about this?
We procrastinate because we don’t really believe in Him.
We hesitate.  We vacillate. We excuse ourselves because “it’s just too hard”! That means that you really don't believe He will show up for you.  It’s not hard if you know Him Beloved. It’s easy when you have a stockpile of answered prayers and a changed life that is living proof of His Goodness.
We have the wisdom of God in us and yet we aren’t quite sure that what He’s telling us is a good idea. Ah yes. The reward of being “unfirmly” persuaded.
So how can you change that? How can you move from “empty” to “full” on your faith thermometer? KNOW HIM. Understand that all that He’s said and done are not just words on a page. Those things are evidence that requires you to make a decision. Beloved there is enough evidence about the goodness of God for us that should never be unfirmly persuaded. We can say with Paul, "I KNOW whom I have believed and I am persuaded...”
Power Thought:
Have I persuaded you to be fully persuaded that what God has promised He is also able to do?
I believe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment