Sunday, February 10, 2013

Power Of While You Were Sleeping



Don't wake up grumpy!

Key Scripture:  “He gives to His Beloved, even in their sleep.”  Psalms 127:2
Power Point:
    Did you know that this morning when you woke up, God had been busy all night long, taking care of you, talking to you, comforting you and renewing your mind?
When you woke up this morning, you had "more" than you had when you went to sleep. Isn’t that a great thought? 
     When you think about it, if He didn’t do that, we’d always be run down and we would run out of lovingkindness and tender mercies. He never sleeps so He is continually offering us a fresh supply of whatever it is we need.  We, on the other hand are in that vulnerable place where only He can keep us and renew and refresh and restore, and heal, and bless us, while we are sleeping.
     When my kids were small, I would tuck them in when they went to bed but I would also check on them during the night. I’d cover them up if they’d gotten uncovered and do whatever I needed to do to make sure they were sleeping comfortably. Did you know that God is continually checking on you to be sure you’re covered?
     Remember Jacob? He fell asleep and had an amazing dream. He saw a ladder set up on earth and its top reached to heaven. The angels were moving up and down on the ladder. At the top of the ladder stood God, who promised Jacob that the land where he lay sleeping was now his. He promised that His presence would be with him forever. When Jacob awakened from his sleep, I bet he was definitely refreshed. God had given him a promise even while he slept. The truth is that God led Jacob to lie down in that very spot. God had a plan and He was with Jacob all the time; just as He is with us every moment in every place. And while he was sleeping, God gave him so much more than he had when he went to sleep.
One reason God speaks to us in visions and dreams is that it’s the only time we’re quiet enough to hear Him. I can’t tell you how often I’ve fallen asleep chewing on a problem and during the night I’ll have a dream that explains everything and when I wake up the solution will be right in front of me.
God keeps us when we’re sleeping.
He speaks peace to us. He guards us. He covers us.
And then He wakes us up!
He wakes us up with a word of encouragement, instruction, love and kindness.
He wakes up your ears so you can hear Him. (Sometimes He uses coffee at my house to help me out!)  
Beloved, today when you woke up, all of that was available to you. It will be there tonight when you go to sleep and tomorrow when you waken again. May I offer you a short prayer to pray before you sleep tonight?

Most Precious Heavenly Father,
You’ve promised to keep me while I sleep. You’ve promised to speak Your peace into my life and restore Your wholeness for me. You’ve said that You will strengthen and comfort and establish Your peace for me. As I sleep tonight I thank You that I am kept safe and sound. I thank You that my body, mind and spirit are being restored. I am grateful to know that You will speak to the deepest part of me and speak Truth and give me the solutions that will set me free.  In the morning, You will wake me up with a word that will bless the day that You have prepared for me.
Tomorrow I will wake up with a fresh supply of wisdom.
Tomorrow I will wake up with more peace and joy than when I went to bed. Tomorrow I will have more than enough of anything I need, because You were faithful to give to me even while I was sleeping.
Thank You!

Power Thought:
God says its useless for us to wake up early or sit up late, worrying about our lives. If you didn’t get all that He offered you yesterday, He’ll give it to you while you are sleeping.
Sleep well! Sleep covered. Sleep blessed.






No comments:

Post a Comment