Sunday, August 25, 2013

Power Of Good News



Key Scripture: I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, it is the power of God to me.”  Romans 5:5
Power Point:
    I love good news.  I love good surprises, don’t you? I guess that’s why when I really discovered that the “gospel” was “GOOD” news I got really excited. It gave me hope. The good news is God’s powerful promise that He will protect you, honor you and deliver you.  It is His heart of love toward you. It means that He never wants you to be disappointed in what He has promised. It means that He never wants you to be ashamed of Who He is.  It means that whatever the devil has stolen, God will restore and repay far above and beyond all that you could ask or think. He really is an amazing Person.
     His GOOD Promises, His GOOD Character, His GOOD Will toward you are always there to deliver, preserve, keep, make you sound and strong in body, mind, and soul.  It is His Good News that touches your finances, blesses you with an abundance of wisdom to live your life  that results in your happiness.  It is profoundly good news that promises God’s rescue and attention to every detail.
     I’m often surprised that some people treat the gospel as bad news.
I see people who have God’s love being poured out to them and yet their faces are always downcast.  They are always grumpy about God.  They believe that He is out to get them, to make them shape up. They live their lives with such an abundance of rules and regulations that its no wonder they’re grumpy! They believe that everything is a test with Him.
     They can quote James with the best of them and yet they miss the “joy” part. Tests come from the enemy to destroy us but tests also come from our Father to establish in us what He has promised to us. The GOOD news is that when the enemy comes to destroy you, God's GOOD promises become your weapon of choice.
  
     The words “I will not be ashamed of the Gospel, the GOOD news” has been a daily declaration from my heart for years. It is my testimony.  It is my promise from God. The word “ashamed” also means disappointed. In Romans 5:5 it says,“hope does not disappoint”. Why? Because the Love of God, the GOOD will of God is always pursuing the highest possible good for us.  It HAS BEEN poured out for us by the His Holy Spirit.  Do you really understand that God is FOR you?  Are you eager to find out more about the good, good, heart of God?
If you are, then do it!  
     We are not ashamed of the gospel Beloved, because it’s the power of God, for those who believe it!  I heard someone say the other day that they didn’t believe there was a God. That doesn’t change a thing does it? There IS a God. I've met Him! Your unbelief doesn’t change that, it simply cuts you off from the blessing of knowing Him.  I see Him at work every day because I believe that He wants to do that for me.
     I will never be ashamed of the gospel because it’s good news. Whether or not you believe that He is good is vitally important to your life.  Your hope in Him will not be disappointed, but you have to believe that. You have to write it on your hands and arms as though you are preparing the right answers for a test.  You have to claim that promise, waive it in the air, stuff it in your thoughts, and believe it with all your heart in order for it to manifest in your life.
Beloved, are you HOPE-FULL or simply hopeful?
The end result depends on your answer. You will receive the reward of your faith.
"For the LORD GOD WILL help me, therefore I will not be confused; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and know that I will not be ashamed."  Is. 50:7
     Your solid hope in the goodness of God is the anchor of your soul. Be sure you’ve planted it deeply.
Power Thought:
Do you believe that God is on your side? He is, whether you believe it or not. That's really good news.  Have you read it?


No comments:

Post a Comment