Friday, August 23, 2013

Power Of My Faith


Key Scripture: “There remains a rest for the people of God.”  Hebrews 4:9
Power Point:
     The last few months have been busy and challenging.  I’ve had some Gethsemane moments and some Resurrection moments. I prefer Resurrection.  At any rate, one night I awoke to a presence of great fear. It surprised me because I had had a wonderful day with the Lord and been refreshed with His nearness.  Fortunately I knew what to do.  First I told fear to leave and then I informed the Enemy that he was going to be very sorry for waking me up because I was going to nestle into nest with My Father and begin declaring his defeat. Off I went with my Bible and my computer to ask the Lord what He would have me do, and Who He wanted to be for me in that place. 
     I could fully identify with the disciples in their little boat when everything seemed so overwhelming. So I did what they did. I woke Him up!  I said, “Jesus, don’t You see what’s going on here? Excuse me, but how can You sleep through this huge storm in my life? Don't you care?”  He stretched and grinned and got up and spoke a few words and the storm stopped. Whew! What a relief!  Then He looked at me and came very close and cupped my face in His hands and said,  Sweetheart, where is YOUR faith?”  He was not angry or condemning, He was simply challenging me to consider what had happened to my faith.
     Don’t you find yourself in that situation at times?  The interesting thing about storms is that I find that when I’m in the middle of them, Holy Spirit has always prepared me before I get there. Just like Jesus in the wilderness, He's taught me how to use His power. He’s given me promises, He’s spent a lot of time in prayer with me, He’s stirred up His anointing for faith and then He steps back to see what I will do with all that.
    Beloved, our Father wants to get us to the point where we do not always need Him to rescue us.  He wants us to place our faith in Him so that we can lie down beside Him in the back of the boat and take a nap while He works things out. He wants us to REST. In Him. In His goodness. In His presence. In His care. In His plans for us. When we don’t do that, we’re allowing fear, doubt and unbelief to dictate our future.
     This last year has been a year of abundant grace and it has also been a year of learning to REST.  I’ve had my defining moment where I have told Him I’ll trust him no matter what. And I’ve had opportunities to prove it.
Is it remotely possible that in the middle of your muddle, Jesus is waiting for you to realize that you don’t need to be rescued again? Has He given you His word that you can REST in Him. You can use the tools He has given you; His name, the authority to calm every storm; the position to declare His favor, the wisdom to decide to experience the peace that passes understanding, and the anointing to know how to use it all.
Sometimes we just have to grow up into who we really are don’t we?  I don’t know about you, but in this “storm of the month”, I intend to grab my pillow and blanket and curl up beside Jesus in the back of the boat. I definitely need a nap!
Power Thought:
You can only sleep in a storm when you’re calm in the storm.
Sweetheart, where is YOUR faith? Has it gone to sleep?  Well, wake it UP!

    



No comments:

Post a Comment