Thursday, August 29, 2013

Power Of His Mind


Key Scripture: “For we have the mind of Christ.”  I Corinthians 2:26
Power Point:
     It just boggles the mind doesn’t it?  When You “received” Jesus, when you asked Him to become Lord of your life, He did.  Jesus forever connected you to His own heavenly Father.  Wherever you go, whatever you do, God is with you.  His “take” on things is available to you.  That should change everything shouldn’t it?
     How does God work that out? He changes your mind. Your thoughts are not your own anymore.  You might find yourself thinking higher thoughts that transform you.  You find yourself in a situation that you’ve probably been in a hundred times before and you think differently.  You hear a different voice offering a different solution. Beloved, God doesn't change so somebody has to! I think its us.
I can remember when I first became a Christian, I could swear like a sailor. Yes, even me.  It was the “norm” in my family.  It never occurred to me to ‘think about it”, those words just came out of my mouth. I thought everyone did that.  Within a few weeks, I realized that those words never occurred to me anymore.  When I heard someone else say them, it bothered me.
He really did put a “new” song in my mouth! 
     As time has passed He’s also given me a whole new way of thinking.  My friend Julie and I were talking the other day about the gracious way He transforms us.  Looking back over the last forty or so years I can see that He has taken those old limited thoughts, those old habits, those old ways of looking at things and transformed them. How? By Words. To be exact, by HIS Words, His thoughts. In my heart.  In MY mind.  In MY mouth.
How refreshing!
     In order to prove that God’s will is good, and acceptable and perfect, our thoughts have to come from the One who is Good and Acceptable and Perfect. When Paul tells us that we have the mind of Christ, he’s not saying that
everything we think is of God. Judgment, complaining, and criticism are definitely not of Him. WE will come to the place where they don't occur to us anymore.  He’s saying that we have the privilege of knowing what and how God thinks. We have the option of thinking higher, and thus seeing higher results in our lives.
Jesus said that out of our mouths flow the issues of life. If we’re thinking differently, then we should be speaking differently shouldn’t we? In order to bring God thoughts into our lives, then we need to listen to Him don’t we?
Usually I’ve found that I will be reading something in His word and it will catch my attention. I begin to think about it.  I begin to apply it to my life.
Without fail, I’ll find myself in a situation where that “word” applies. As Isaiah says, “I’ll hear a word behind me and I begin to walk in it.” Or as I John says, “You have an anointing from the Holy One and you know all things.”  Wow. Really? Does that go along with the counsel from James, which says, “ask for wisdom, and He’ll give it to you generously.’? What does that look like?  His thoughts will always be, first of all pure and clean. It’s like turning the light on in your mind.  His thoughts will always be peaceable, and gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits.  They will bring peace to your mind, and to your situation.
     Sometimes God speaks to us audibly. Sometimes He speaks to us through His word, but He’s always speaking. He’s always trying to help us think His thoughts.  Each day I bind my thoughts to the mind of Christ. I really don’t want to think any other thoughts. I don’t want any results in my life except the results that’s God’s wisdom can bring.  True power, true transformation comes when you begin to think like He thinks. Real change comes from within our minds and God gives us every opportunity to make sure our minds are filled with God thoughts that bring Life and Light, and Hope. They bring faith, love and possibilities for the goodness of God to explode in ourlives.
You were happy to receive forgiveness of your sins when you asked Jesus into your life weren’t you?  Are you happy to receive the thoughts of God as well? They could change everything! Thank Goodness!
Power Thought:
Are you brave enough to ask God what HE thinks you should do?  What a good idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment