Thursday, August 28, 2014

Power Of Fragrance


Key Scripture:  "Thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christs victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere." 
2 Corinthians 2:14
Power Point:
     My mother used to wear "Odalisque" perfume. I LOVED it. After we first married, I was doing my student teaching and my husband, Denny, was working in another state  He was going to be able to come home for the weekend, and I was very excited.  I had taken a small bottle of my mom's perfume with me to school.  All day long I kept layering on the "Odalisque".  I'm sure I traumatized a lot of sinuses that day!  And I'm sure that when Denny finally got there, it was only grace that kept him from sneezing at my powerful fragrance.
     I've since learned that there is an even more powerful fragrance-the fragrance of Christ.
     Do you remember when you used to walk into a department store and people attacked you from every angle with some sort of perfume?  There was no place to hide from it.  Evidently people complained enough so that now they only spray a small card with the perfume and you are free to take it or leave it. 
     In Jesus we have the opportunity to "take" a special fragrance; one that people will want to inhale.The aroma of His life in us draws people closer. They know they need life and we smell like life. When we are filled with Him, the fragrance of His goodness and kindness are released like a spray of perfume.  Where there is hopelessness, we can release the aroma of hope and faith.  Where there is need, we can be a sweet smell of provision.
     There are fragrances that are a part of me, that some people might not like, but when I allow Jesus to anoint me with the fragrance that is Him, they want to get closer.  They want to know more.
What would it take today for you to offer to others the fragrance of Christ? What if you released the fragrance of the unlimited possibilities of His Kingdom?  Of the Healer?  Of the Helper?  Of the powerful kindness of God?
     MMM.   That smells really, really GOOD!

Power Thought:

When you inhale deeply of the presence and nature of God, you will always be anointed to release the fragrance of Life to those you meet. That's when you become a trophy of Christ's victory.





Copyright (c) 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment