Monday, August 25, 2014

Power Of Instead


Key Scripture:  “And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing.”  Isaiah 10:27
Power Point:
     Before I knew the Lord I had very few options in my life.  If I was sad, I generally stayed sad.  If I was angry, it was easy to express it.
If I was confused or hurt or disappointed, it seemed like those feelings, those experiences were just too heavy to bear.
     Then I met Jesus, and I learned to experience more of who God really was, and I discovered that He wasn’t at all like the God other people told me about.  Over the years I began to encounter more and more of His Holy Spirit in my life and I began to realize that one of the great gifts He had given me-was the gift of “Instead”, the gift of “Options”.
     In Psalm 103, the Holy Spirit describes some of the benefits we have in Him:
Instead of being overwhelmed by sin, we have forgiveness.
Instead of diseases, we can have healing.
Instead of destruction, we have a Rescuer who has crowned us with His passionate love and mercy and is actively providing wonderfully good things.
     The passage I most love about the options we have is Isaiah 61.  Holy Spirit outdid Himself on this one. In fact, Jesus Himself, quoted it as His own
permission from the Father and the Holy Spirit to live a life with “options”.
Instead of being powerless we are anointed with the power of God.
Instead of bad news, we have GOOD news!
Instead of broken hearts, we now have the option of whole hearts.
Instead of living our lives in prison, we can be free.
Instead of mourning, we can have His comfort.
Instead of ashes, He will create beauty.
Instead of empty words, He gives us the oil of His joy for our sadness.
Instead of a heavy spirit, He gives an ability to praise.
Instead of shame, He offers us double honor.
Instead of confusion, we will rejoice in our inheritance.

     Beloved, Jesus came to make a difference. He left us the anointing of the Holy Spirit on our lives to bring us options.  You have permission from your Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to live an “optional” life.
Why not take them up on it?

Power Thought:
Abundance in any area is not optional with God.


















Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work.


No comments:

Post a Comment