Monday, September 15, 2014

Power of Blackbirds


Key Scripture:  "Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your Heavenly Father keeps feeding them."  Matthew 6:26
Power Point:
     Yesterday I was having my quiet time and watching the birds coming to the feeder outside my window. it's one of my favorite pastimes.  Suddenly there were probably 25-30 blackbirds descending.on the feeders.  The other day there had probably been about 100 of them on my lawn.  They were frantic, fighting each other, trying to get the food.  One little cardinal tried to come in and they fought him  off.  I was about to go outside and shoo them away and God said, "Let them eat."  I asked why. ( I didn't like them!)
     He said, "No one else will feed them. They need food to migrate. They are not pretty or attractive. That's why they are in a "feeding frenzy".  No one wants blackbirds. They shoot them or shoo them away so that the pretty birds can have the good food.  They are left with leftovers. I feed all the birds, not just the pretty ones. I created them and I won't forget them."
      Later, as I was praying for someone, the Lord said, 'She's a "blackbird". I could see what He was saying.  Blackbirds are the "Mephibosheths" of life, the heirs of the kingdom who've been invited to eat at the king's table forever, but they never realize their own value.They never feel worthy enough to realize that they have an inheritance in the kingdom of God because of Jesus.  When they come in, they sit under the table and wait for someone to drop a few crumbs, instead of sitting next to the king, and enjoying what He offers.  They are the naked, the uncovered, the homeless poor.  They are the ones you'd rather not be with, the ones who come tentatively into a room because they don't feel they have the right to be there. They expect the worst of life.
     Are there "blackbirds" in your life that need to have the kind, loving, faithfulness of the Father's heart shown to them, for Jesus sake? Do they need to eat at your table? Do they need more than crumbs of affection?  Are they the ones who never do or say the right thing because they don't know how much their heavenly Father loves them? He has promised to care for them. They may not be pretty but they're still hungry.
Are they your assignment from Him?

Power Thought:
Will you show Kindness to someone "for Jesus sake" today?









Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment