Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Power Of Preparation



Key Scripture:  "Prepare the way of The Lord.  Make straight paths in the desert, a highway for our God." Isaiah 40:3
Power Point:
     As a young Girl Scout, I had to learn to "Be Prepared".  That was their motto and we had to recite it at every meeting.  As the years passed, I learned that being prepared was usually a good thing.  If I had a test to study for, it was always better if I had studied what was going to be on that test.  When I became a wife, I discovered that there were areas where I was definitely not prepared!  I had to learn through experience.  When I became a mom, I had prepared space in my home and in my heart, but honestly, except for my "Dr. Spock" book on how to raise children, I think you could say that I was woefully unprepared. 
    As I've gotten older there are still areas in my life that need special preparation.  We're told to prepare the way for The Lord.  I'm learning to do that. At least, I thought I was. A few weeks ago, I was preparing for something and I heard The Lord very clearly, though quietly, say to me, "What are you prepared for?" It was interesting to me because I had spent months preparing for this particular thing.  I had prayed, and fasted, and read and re-read my inheritance words from The Lord many many times. Of course, I was prepared!  Then I heard Him say, "Are you prepared to win?  Are you prepared to succeed"?"  Oh.

     As I thought about it and turned the searchlight on my thoughts, I understood why He was questioning me. Instead of being absolutely confident about the outcome of this situation, I began to hear my thoughts as HE heard them. What if?  How will I do that?  Some of my prayers were "begging" prayers (Help me PLEASE!), and some of them were bargaining prayers. (Father, if you do this (first), then I'll do that!).  Whew!
    I know as well as you do that God always declares the beginning from the end.  I was declaring the beginning with no end in sight.  As I began to re-read my promises from Him, I realized that He had already made extraordinary, success-building promises to me. He had given me the tools I would need to succeed.   He was seeing the end not the beginning. I began to prepare the way for The Lord. I laid down bricks of faith that I could see and walk on, and invite Him to come with me. I made sure that there were no more doubtful thoughts as I focused on His word that I had hidden in my heart. I made a straight path for Him to join me.
     I prepared the way with what He had already given me to prepare a straight path and a highway for Him to walk on.  He always gives you what you need before you begin the journey, because of course, He already knows what you will need.
     I searched out the treasure and He rewarded me for that.  He always does.  You see, Beloved, you are not a beggar.  And even though I am a widow, I dont intend to pray like one! You believe that He will reward you don't you? Then prepare for that eventuality. He's already paved the way for your success.  You get to prepare the way for Him to lead you there.
Power Thought:
It doesn't matter where you're walking as long as you've prepared the way for the Holy Spirit to walk with you.
He IS coming soon.  Are you preparing the way?
















Copyright © 2014, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment