Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Power Of Grasping



Hold On Tight!
Key Scripture:  "And what is His exceeding power toward us who believe..far above every power and every name that is named, not only in this world but in the world to come."   Ephesians 1:19-21
Power Point:
In Hebrew, the word “obey” means something very special. It means that you “See the Name”.  The word “name” means the One that destroys chaos. To obey means to hear, understand, and obey the One who destroys chaos. How’s that working for you?
The word “grasp” is a great picture of this.  When you “grasp” something it means that you reach out and take hold of it. You allow it in your life. You hold on tightly to something. If it’s a truth, you comprehend it. If it’s a lifeline, you take a firm grasp on it and you don’t let go. 
I lived for many years as a Christian never grasping the truth of what the Name could mean in my life. I didn't "see" it. I thought God was a little removed from my situation and I never grasped hold of the fact that He was good and He wanted good things for me. Unfortunately I believed a lot of lies about Him. You’ve probably believed some of them yourself! You’ve heard the one that says He gives you disease or struggles because He wants to teach you to love Him more. I really believed that for a while. I grasped the lie and not the Truth that was shouting to me from the pages of scripture. God SO loves me. God is my healer. God provides everything I need. God is GOOD!
Baby Grasping Doctor's Hand
Imagine my relief when I grasped that Truth.
When we “grasp” the Truth, it means that we are grasping the fact that the Name of Jesus is above all other names. Period. It means that He will destroy chaos anywhere and any time. It’s who He is and what He does. He’s the Savior for heaven’s sake. When we call on His Name, it releases Him to destroy any chaos in our lives. 
If you grasp those facts, you won’t be tempted to believe the lies the Enemy is trying to tell you.
Jesus is the Prince of Peace. It means His desire for us is peace. The Hebrew and Biblical concept of peace includes wholeness, health, finances and favor in every area of your life. It means nothing missing or broken. It means, NO chaos. If you can grasp that truth, you are well on your way to a “whole” life.
You have to “SEE” and grasp the Name and what it means for you. You have to get a firm grip on Who He really is and not let go. Chaos is not our friend, Beloved, Jesus is.
Can you GRASP that?
Power Thought:
What you think on, the things that you grasp firmly, will set the course of your life. What are you holding on to?
Are you gasping for air or grasping the Truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment