Sunday, March 31, 2013

Power Of Personal Resurrection




Key Scripture:  “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”  Romans 12:2
Power Point:
     What would my life be like without Jesus? It’s a good question to ask isn’t it?
When I remember the person I was when I first asked Jesus to come into my heart, I realize how different my life would be if I hadn’t done that.
It would have been a downhill slide. Oh, not that I was a murderer or a bad person but I definitely thought more about “me, me, me”, than I did about others. Even though I was kind to people, I was also very much concerned with how what I did affected ME!
Jesus changed all that. He’s given me a new focus and a new purpose and even though it blesses me, it’s not about me!
I was also very fearful.  And shy.  And I didn’t enter in to “life” as freely as I should have because of that. I lived in a tug-of-war in my mind over whether I would be safe or whether something bad would happen to me. Fear framed my thoughts.
Jesus changed all that.
     I often felt “alone”.  I knew God to be someone “up in heaven”, someone who observed me from a distance and checked off my poor choices each day.  Jesus changed all that.

     On this Resurrection Day, I can see how He brought total resurrection into my life, by making God a personal, loving, and kind part of my life.
He introduced me to the concept of a good God and when I began to see the real nature of our Father, it began to erase fear, and loneliness and selfishness and pride. As I sit here this morning, I am amazed at the difference Jesus has made already, and I’m pretty sure He’s not done yet.
We’ve got miles to go before I sleep!
     I’ve seen Jesus bring resurrection to my thoughts, my plans, my hopes and dreams.  I’ve seen Him resurrect dying relationships and harmful situations.
He has this thing about working things out for our good doesn’t He?
     How about you? Can you “add up” the changes Jesus has made in your life? Is there evidence of His resurrection power? There should be. There can be.
All you have to do is ask, believe, receive and take Him at His word. When Jesus was raised from the dead, the graves were emptied.
He is risen.  Have you?

Power Thought:
There’s a resurrection in your future.  Why not today? Death cannot hold you either.

No comments:

Post a Comment