Friday, March 8, 2013

Power of Knowing God


Key Scripture:  For I KNOW Whom I have believed and I am persuaded…” 2 Timothy 1:12
Power Point:
    I LOVE this picture! I love that the rider is blindfolded, but the Lion knows exactly where to go. We can always trust that He knows exactly where to take us, can’t we?  Can’t we?
 I’ve never tried to put on armor but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t like it. It has to be hard and hot and inflexible. Yuck!  I prefer soft and light and cushy.  The truth is that God has said that armor is a basic requirement for soldiers in His army. Do you remember when David was going out to slay Goliath? Saul tried to make him wear the king’s armor.  It was too big. David’s comment was, “I haven’t tested it”.  In other words, he wasn’t sure of it and he wasn’t comfortable with it and he hadn’t done battle in it. Of course when you think about it, he was only going out against one measly little Giant. He didn’t really need a whole suit of armor did he? He just needed to know that the God who had helped him kill bears, and wolves and all the other enemies of his flock would help him and deliver him. And He did.
      Beloved, we have a suit of armor, which is not heavy, hard or inflexible. If you’ve not tested it yet, perhaps this will help you begin.  When you “put on” the armor of God. This is what you’re putting on:
The strength of the armor of ABBA, your Father in heaven who loves you. The power of the armor of Elohim, the Majestic, Mighty God of the angel armies. The armor of El Elyon, The SUPREME God. The armor of Jehovah Hayah, the God who was, and is, and is to come. The armor of Jehovah Shaddai, the Mighty One. We have the privilege of wearing the armor of Jehovah Kabod, the King of Glory; The armor of Jehovah Shalom, the God who IS peace, GIVES peace, and establishes peace; The armor of Jehovah Shammah, the God who is always “here, there and everywhere." The armor of Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals. The armor of Jehovah Nissi, the one who raises His banner of Love over us. The armor of Jehovah Jireh, the One who provides our every need.  The armor of Jehovah Raah, the Lord who is our Shepherd, to feed, guide and shield us. The Powerful God who offers us everything He is for every battle we face.
    I had a dream recently. In it, I’m standing next to a fully-armored soldier. His armor is golden and bright but the face-mask is closed so I can’t see His face. I'm not afraid because I know it’s Jesus. I look very small compared to Him but then I hear the words, “Embrace the armor”. I can do that because I know who is IN that armor.
Beloved, do you think we need to embrace the armor? When Paul is talking about the armor of God, it’s Jesus’ s armor too!  It’s the armor of Holy Spirit!
The Lion rider has his armor on and you can see that he is perfectly confident that the Lion will lead the charge to victory. In fact, he’s so confident that he’s not offering any suggestions. Probably because he can’t see a thing. What a perfect picture of walking by faith and not by sight! I love that in this picture the sword of Truth is in our hand, but we’re on HIS back. I love that we’re holding our shield of faith. I’m thinking I probably wouldn’t have climbed on His back unless I thought I would be safe. Faith is the result of really knowing Him. When we KNOW Him we are perfectly shielded from doubt, unbelief and failure.  Our faith is in Him, not in our faith.  If you look closely, you can see dents in the shield of faith. That means its been tested before, and the rider has gone out to battle again.  The armor has been proven.
    God hasn’t given us ‘junior” size armor. It’s full size. The same armor that Jesus wore is the same armor that Holy Spirit offers to us. If you believe in Who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do, you are well armed against anything the enemy sends your way. If you are armed with the Truth that God is Good and He will always be good to you, then you’re on your way to a rousing victory. Are you ready to test your armor? Are you ready to embrace it, to embrace the Truth?

Power Thought:
No matter how small and insignificant you may look to your enemy, you are well armed, and dangerous if you KNOW your God. Are you persuaded yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment