Thursday, July 4, 2013

Power of Being Bound and Determined


Key ScriptureBut I press on!”  Philippians 3:12
Power Point:
     Being of German descent, I have often been accused of being “stubborn”. In fact, it was quite interesting growing up in a family where everyone was dedicated to their own opinions.  It was NOT generally perceived as a good thing!  Now, after all these years as a Christian, I can see that being led by the Spirit is a calling to be stubborn in some areas.
     My mom used to use the phrase, “bound and determined”.  Often, she was referring to ME!  “That girl is just “bound and determined” to get what she wants.”  And I was.  I could maneuver to get my way with the best of them.
     When I first became a Christian, I got the idea that I needed to “yield” to, or submit to everything.  I should be “compliant, and complacent”, because, of course, everything was God’s will for me. Imagine my surprise when one day a few years ago, I discovered that God wanted me to be bound and determined!  There were some areas where He wanted me to be stubborn! In fact, He encourages it!  He says that He is training up an army that will fight for Him. It seems that we are to be Lovers AND fighters!

What are you to be bound and determined about?
1. Loving God, loving yourself and loving others. It’s really important to Him. Love is how your life becomes transformed. And love is where your biggest battles will probably lie.
2. Resisting the devil. Understand that when something is BAD, it’s from him and you have the right to be determined that it will not steal God’s best for you, or kill you or destroy what God has promised you.
3.  Taking hold of your inheritance as a child of God. It’s been given to you freely, but Beloved, you will have to work out that salvation with fear and trembling.
4. No wavering, doubting or unbelief! We are to be fiercely determined to believe that God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do. Period.
I’m sure you get my point.  Would you like some good examples of being “bound and determined”? 
How about Jesus going to the cross for us?
How about Abraham, persevering until he got what he had been promised?
How about Paul who always refused to give up and always pressed on?
How about King David, when King Saul was actively trying to make sure that he never became king?
Beloved, when you are His child, His power has given to you all things that you will ever need for your life.  It’s your job to be bound and determined to receive that inheritance, to take His promises and stand your ground for them. Resist the devil.  Refuse to doubt.  And Be STUBBORN! (In a good way.)

Power Thought:
Be bound and determined that you will live the life that He has always intended for you. He's armed you for the battle but you are the one who has to stand fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment