Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Power Of Prepaid Benefits


Key Scripture:   “Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits.”  Psalms 68:19
Power Point:
As I was unfolding God’s promises for me today, I was thanking Jesus that my day was loaded with benefits because of Him. Because He lives in me, wherever I go and whatever I do, there are going to be benefits already prepared for me. I have PREPAID Benefits. 
I remember going through a drive through with Julie last year and when we got to the window to pay for our food, the person in front of us had already paid for it. We were so blessed and then laughed and said we wished we had ordered MORE! When I go out to eat with someone and the check comes and they decide to treat me to my meal, I will often say, “Well, I wish I had had dessert!” 
     It’s all very lighthearted and fun but this morning as I was praying I was thanking Jesus for my personal heavenly benefit package. The word for “benefits”, means, “acts of grace.” My day is already prepared with acts of grace to bring benefit my life. So is yours!
     Did you know that even before you threw your legs over the side of the bed this morning, you had a blessed day waiting for you.  “Oh no!”, you say.  I’ve got this thing pressing, and that doctor’s appointment. I have an appointment with the IRS. That may be true, but Beloved, even there, even in every situation you face today, Jesus has prepared a “benefit package” for you. Would you like to hear some of them?  Of course you would.
-He has already provided an abundance of His grace and mercy.  Why is that important? Because you have a clean slate and a fresh wind at your back today.  Grace means favor.  That means that if you are growing in grace, you are favored. You get an automatic upgrade to first class living!
-Do you need healing?  Isaiah 53 says that Jesus prepaid for that.
-Are you lonely?  Do you need a friend?  Jesus says He calls you “friend”. What a benefit!
-Are you financially strapped?  God says He will provide whatever you need and whatever you desire.  In fact in Psalms 65, He promises that He has crowned your year with goodness and His paths drip with abundance.  Abundance of what?  Peace.  Grace.  Mercy.  Provision.  Kindness.  Love. Seed to sow. Good thoughts to think.  Power to overcome. Enough good to overcome every evil in your life.  And then some.
     Beloved, the Word says that He will not hold back from us ANY good thing. In other words, He will continually give us good things. It’s always been His heart to do just that.  You are LOADED with the benefits of being His child today. You are a NEW creation who walks on earth and lives out His life bringing heaven to earth. You start this day blessed and you can end it blessed.  Wouldn’t it have been silly if Julie and I had driven up to that window and refused the food that someone had paid for in advance? As believers we sometimes do that with all Jesus has prepaid for us, don’t we? Sometimes we need to read the fine print.
     Think about your own life. As you read the New Testament, it’s packed full of pre-paid benefits isn't it? Are you eagerly trying to find out what they are or are you living under the misapprehension that the only thing that Jesus died to give you is a prepaid ticket to heaven?  Beloved, that’s in the future.  You have an abundance of benefits available right here and right now.  Jesus died to make an abundance of life available to you, right now.  Are you taking what He has offered you? Are you speaking His promises in to your day even before it starts? Are you enjoying the benefits of your salvation?  It’s quite a package deal!
    It might be wise to start looking a little harder at the covenant you have with Him don’t you think? His promises are your benefit package.
Check them out! And then be sure to take advantage of them.
Power Thought:
“What shall I offer to Him, for all His benefits for me?” Psalms 116:12. I will say “thank You!” and I will use them so that my life is living proof of His goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment