Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Power Of God's Voice

Power Of God’s Voice
Key Scripture: “My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they follow Me.”  John 10:27
Power Point:
     It’s really interesting that Jesus describes knowing us, because we hear Him.  We know that faith comes when you hear His words. But the word for “hear” in this case means that you don’t just hear a sound, but you understand what you are hearing. The Christian life is all about hearing if you think about it.
     I’ve learned that God not only talks to us but He is a good listener as well. He hears the prayers of the righteous.  (Prov. 15;29)
I’ve learned that if I keep asking, He WILL answer. I guess you could say that He knows MY voice and listens for it.
I’ve learned that If I keep pursuing the real God, the real Kingdom, the real Truth, I will find Him and everything I need will be added to my life as I listen to what He says.
     I’ve learned that simple truths are the best truths. What was it that Jesus said?  Love the Lord with all your heart and mind and strength. When I first read that many years ago, I asked the Lord to make that real in my heart. Little did I know that it would become a fight for Truth vs. Lies.  I would discover a Kingdom Truth- a promise from God that He would be my Provider.  The enemy would immediately knock at the door of my mind and begin to tell me that it was lies, all lies.
     When I begin to explore the goodness of God, the enemy would show up and begin to distort everything God had shown me about His character. Satan would brazenly begin to blame Him for the things that the devil himself was doing.
I had to learn that God will always be good to me and the devil will always be bad.
I had to learn that God is my Helper and the devil is the destroyer.
I had to learn that God will always tell me the truth and the devil will always lie.
I had to learn which voice to listen to. I had to learn which one to believe.
     How about you? Are you making progress in knowing the Shepherd’s voice?   Perhaps I can simplify that for you.
God is good and the devil is bad.
God cannot lie and the devil cannot tell the truth.
God is an encourager and the devil is an accuser.
Jesus came to set us free and the devil comes to keep us bound up.
     Beloved, God’s promises give us everything we need to live an abundant life, if we believe them. The Devil’s lies try to steal everything that God has promised us.  He can do that if we believe his lies. Is it time for you to be sure that you know Your Father’s voice? Is it time for you to learn to say, “Shut UP! Stupidhead!” to the devil. I’m not listening to you anymore. I know your voice and I'm pretty tired of hearing it!"
Is it time to open your eyes and your ears to the Truths that set you free, and can keep you free?
Is it time for you to come to the point where you do not always need to be rescued but can set up strong fortresses before the enemy tries to attack.
I think that’s called being rooted and grounded in the perfect, powerful, generous, unconditional qualities of God’s love for you. I think that’s evidence of being firmly established, firmly persuaded of Truth that sets you free.
Which voice will you listen to today?  God is waiting to hear YOUR voice.  He knows it very well.
Power Thought:

God cannot lie and the devil cannot tell the truth. Do you know which is which?

No comments:

Post a Comment