Thursday, July 18, 2013

Power Of Being Delighted


Key Scripture:  Delight yourselves also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”  Psalms 37:4
Power Point:
39 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, and 42 minutes ago, I asked Jesus to come into my life.  39 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours and 43 minutes ago, everything changed for the better.  I like to say “to know Him is to love Him.” And I find every hour of every day that I get to know Him, my delight in Him increases.
     What a stunning revelation that is. How stunning to know that God is totally, completely, willingly, joyously, generously, good and kind all the time.  How AWESOME to discover that there is Some One who is perfectly loving, perfectly powerful, and perfectly open to inviting me into that Secret place every day, every hour, every moment.
     The word “delight” means to be highly pleased, to take great pleasure in, to have a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment in something. My family, my friends, and my poodles give me great delight. I am HIGHLY pleased to be with them or just to think about them. I enjoy them and I like to be with them, but the highlight of every one of my days is the time I spend in those first few hours with my Father.  In fact, sometimes I will wake up in the very wee hours and think “Oh great! I only have two more hours until I can get up and be with You.” And sometimes I just can’t wait to be with Him, so I get up right then!  His kindness delights me. His goodness brings me such joy.  As His words unfold in my heart, they bring heavenly light over my thoughts and my plans. He really is delightful.
     Have you ever considered that He is delighted to be with you and to give you the desires of your heart? Smith Wigglesworth once said, “God is even more eager to answer than you are to ask!”  I love that thought. Sometimes we think that God needs us to measure up to a certain level. Beloved, you are the one holding that measuring stick! 
God sees you as clearly and completely as He sees His Son Jesus. And He is simply delighted with you.
     The more I know about God’s character, the more amazed I am that anyone could be so measureless in His love for us.. I find myself growing more secure in that loving relationship every day. It brings me great joy. And delight.
    I hope you will find that security as well. I pray that you will know that:
He delights in giving you the desires of your heart.  Psalms 37:4
The saints on the earth are His delight.  (Psalms 16:3)
The Lord knows His children and they are His delight.  (Proverbs 11:20)
He's delighted WITH you, He's delight to HELP you and He's delighted to KNOW you.
Power Thought:



You are My beloved child, in whom I am well pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment