Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Power Of Final Authority


Key Scripture: "My word will not return void.  It will prosper in the thing for which I have sent it." Isaiah 55:11
Power Point:
    What is the final authority in your life?  Who has the final say in what you think or what you do? The other day I was listening to Jerry Savelle and he described the time when his dad had a massive heart attack. The doctors had given him up.  Jerry walked into his room and said, "Dad, we can let what they say be the final authority or we can let what the Word says be our final authority.   It's up to you.  I will set myself in agreement with you."  His dad said, "I don't want to die."  Jerry and he agreed that God did not want him to die either and seventeen years later he is alive and well.
    The important thing to understand is that "something" or “someone” will have the last word in our lives. We just need to be sure what or who that is don't we?

I can't let what I see be the final authority. The Word has to be my final authority.
I can't let what I don't see be the final authority.  God is creating what I don't see.That's my final authority.
I can't let what I hear from others be the final authority. What I hear from God has to be the final authority.
I can't let symptoms be the final authority.  The nature of God and the Word of God, have to be my final authority.
I can't let lack be the final authority in my life.  The promises of God are my final authority.
I can't let the present be the final authority.  God's plans for redeeming the past, and establishing me in those plans are my final authority.
I can't let sorrow be my final authority.  Hope is my final authority.
I can't let anger be my final authority.  Love is my final authority.

    Whatever seems impossible, or incapable of being changed is not the final word.  There are some words that are not in God's vocabulary: Impossible, incurable, unchangeable, and unbelievable.  He likes the words:  Possible, Curable, Changeable, and Believable. 
That's our final authority.

Power Declaration:
I love knowing that God says that nothing in my life is impossible to change.  I believe that since He has good plans for me, He will change what needs to be changed for those plans to come to pass.  He will show up and work things for my good. He will bless me. He promised that. I agree with Him.
That's His final word on it and it is mine too.







Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment