Friday, March 13, 2015

Power Of Whole Love


Key Scripture:  "I have come so that they can have real and eternal life, a more and better life than they ever dreamed of."  John 10:10 The Message
Power Point:
 I have decided that it’s time to THINK HIGHER!  One of the prayers that God has given me in these last months is, "Love them into wholeness."
God has given me a  "light bulb" moment and He's shown me that HIS ways really are Higher than mine.  He has shown me that Grace speaks louder to someone then my criticism and negativity, whether it’s in my thoughts or my spoken words.  He has shown me that encouragement is a better tool than pointing out faults.  Imagine that! 
He's shown me that expecting the best of someone and communicating that attitude to them is always more effective than communicating hopelessness about them to them.
     We always "treasure" other people's words to us or about us, for good or for bad. That's why when God tells us to speak the Truth, in love, He's teaching us to think as He thinks, and speak as He speaks. God's goal is always to lift us up and pull us out of the particular pit we are in.  His determined purpose is that we say what HE says and do what He does.  That means that we have to take some time to BE with Him so that we can BE Him for them.

I have a few questions.
In your particular circumstance or relationship:


Do you have more faith that God is able to make a way where there seems to be NO way for that person or are you more fearful that that there is no way out?

Do you have faith that "the God who started this great work in you (and them) will keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish"?  Or are you pretty sure that even God can't change this situation?

Are your thoughts about them a continual declaration of the Promises of God over their lives or of the Problems in their lives?  What is the focus of your faith?  Is it faith in God, or faith in the problem?

In Philippians 1 Paul says:
"So this is my prayer; that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well...Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of:  bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God." 
When someone else is speaking the "problem", you speak out the promise. If we stop magnifying the problem and begin to magnify the Promises of God our own attitude will be transformed. We become His voice and His arms and His heart.
Beloved, there is always a solution and a way out for them and for us. Our job is to love them into wholeness by making Jesus attractive to them and magnifying God's great love and purpose for them.  We don't leave them where they are; we give them a hand up. That's flourishing love and it's only possible in the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Power Declaration:
I am God's voice and arms today.  I live a lover’s life.  I will communicate His flourishing love to myself first and then to everyone I meet.  I love much and I love well.  I am determined to expect the best of myself and of them.  Today my "love-life" will draw people to Jesus.  His love in me will love them into wholeness.







Copyright © 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment