Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Power Of Taking Off The Limits


Key Scripture:  "Never doubt God's mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this.  He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination!  He will outdo them all, for His miraculous power constantly energizes you!"  Ephesians 3:20
Power Point:
     "The kingdom of heaven is God's abundant life of salvation, peace, power, evangelism, integrity, purity, miracles, strong families, health, prosperity, blessings and more.  We are commanded to pray "THY kingdom, THY will be done on earth as it is in heaven."  This is God's highest expectation that these will manifest;  and this faith pulls them into our experience and those of others. My future is as bright as the promises of God.  I therefore am a person of abounding hope.  I expect God's goodness to increase daily in my life and surroundings." (Steve Backlund).
     In the last few days, I have been hearing three words; Measure, Limits, and Abounding.
It seemed everything I listened to had one or all of those words. When I asked the Lord what He was trying to tell me, He showed me a picture of myself in a HUGE field.  I could not see the borders of it anywhere. There were no boundaries.  I saw myself kneeling on a tiny plot of land on one side of the field.  There were four large stakes, iron with holes in the top, with a strong yellow cord going through the holes.  It looked as though I had staked off room to plant a garden.  I could see myself pouring seeds into the earth and then I realize that I had many more seeds than this tiny plot of land could ever hold.  I needed to expand my little plot of land.
     The Lord said, "Suzanne, the field is my gift to you.  It represents the Kingdom of God.  You have staked off a tiny portion of it and gotten comfortable there. You have placed limits on the Kingdom of God by your limited understanding of all that I have given you.  I am measureless.  The Kingdom I have given is measureless. The more you explore, the more there is to explore. You will never find the boundaries of it. The more you stay where you are, the less you will have of My kingdom in your life. That is not My desire for you.

     Will you trust Me?  Will you take the limits of my abundant power and let it work in you and through you?  Will you cast away the old limiting thoughts that you've nurtured all these years? Will you begin to explore My Goodness, My Faithfulness, My Love, My Kindness, and My JOY in you and for you and let the GOOD times roll?  (He really did say that!)
     My power is measureless as it springs from My Holy Spirit.  You are complete now, in Jesus. You do not have to wait another moment to explore the vast dimensions of the gifts I have given you, of the blessings that are waiting for you, and the joy that I have set before you.
Stop measuring me, My Beloved, by your limited standards.  Think higher and your life will BE higher."
"How do I do that Lord?" I asked. 
    "Trust what I tell you and then begin doing what I tell you to do. Don't make excuses and drop back.  If you do not see immediate results, do not make excuses for Me.  I am working.  I am with you. When you take the limits off of your limited imagination, My promises will spring to life in you and everywhere you go, you will bring My life.  It won't matter what you see, you will know that you know that you know that My power To you, In you, and Through you is absolutely abundant and abounding with My life.  Take off the limits."
    I could see myself sitting thoughtfully after this conversation and finally I stand up and begin pulling up the stakes, all those thoughts in me that were limiting His power.  Only then did I really begin to SEE the field, the Kingdom of God all around me. What joy!

Are you ready to pull up stakes and take the limits off of God?

Power Declaration:
Today I am defined by what God says I am.  I define God by who HE says HE is.  I will not limit God by my experiences or my thoughts. "My future is as bright as the promises of God, and therefore I am a person of abounding hope!"





Copyright ©, 2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment