Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Power Of The Promises


Key Scripture:  "Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received! We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you—your tickets to participation in the life of God ...2 Peter 1:3,4, The Message
Power Point:
problem+PROMISE+Provision.
Have you ever thought about what you are really believing? God has really been touching on that painful point recently. One of my favorite quotes from Graham Cook says that whenever a problem arises, it comes with a promise attached and within the promise is God's provision.
I thought that sounded just great, in theory.  Over the years I've learned to build my decisions and dreams around His promises.  When I encountered a "problem" last week, I decided to take three separate sheets of paper and write out "The Problem" on one.  On the next one I wrote out the word Promise and then last but not least, the Provision.  I laid them out on a table and my daughter and I began to discuss "The Problem".   The problem was we were looking at it from two different perspectives. I, great woman of faith that I am, began to describe "The Problem".    She, on the other hand, said, "Mom, I don't see that as a problem."  Huh?  Thinking she must not have heard me properly, I repeated "The Problem".  Same response. Finally, I got it. I picked up "The Promises" that I had carefully printed out and placed them on top of "The Problem".  It shrank. It was covered over by "The Promise".   Looking at "The Problem", without "The Promise" covering it gave me the wrong perspective.  When things were in the right order, it was easy to place "The Provision" on top of the stack and begin to dream about what God was going to do!
     Beloved, if you have a problem, I would encourage you to think of "The Promises" that God has made real and personal to you already.  They are your ticket to open that problem to a different perspective and allow God to provide a way out.  If you begin to focus on those promises, the problem will become covered over by them and your provision will manifest.

Paul said it really well in Philippians 4 didn't he?
"Thing on these things."  Those things didn't include problems.  This is how it reads in The Passion Translation:
Philippians 4:8
"So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising Him always."

Got a problem?  Find your promise. And expect His provision.

Got it?  problem-Promise-Provision.

Power Thought:
Fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising Him always!  The Promises and Provision of God are always bigger than "the problem".














Copyright ©,2015, Suzanne Roberts, Unpublished Work

No comments:

Post a Comment