Saturday, December 17, 2011

Power of Good News/Bad News


Key Scripture:  “Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him.”  Romans 12:2, The Message
Power Point:
I was just thinking-what would Jesus be thinking if He were me?  How would His thoughts respond to what happens in my life?
What would it be like to never be irritated, angry or upset? How would my life be different if I truly had the mind of Christ in all things? 
My responses would be based on Perfect Love wouldn’t they? I would come from an established foundation of Love. What would that look like?
I would never fear again. I would see Jesus in every part of my future.
I would not see people where they are but ask Holy Spirit to help me see where they’re headed and give me His heart for them.
I would not “establish” them as “the enemy” in my mind but as a much-loved child of God that I have been asked to honor, bless, and encourage.
I would forgive them.
I would offer them grace and mercy.
Why?  I guess that’s just what real “love” does-at least it’s what Jesus would do.
So is the “good news” of Jesus IN me changing the way I think? Are His thoughts sweeping out all the old cobwebs of the past and bringing a fresh outlook on life?
Well, the good news is that it can.  The bad news is that sometimes we don’t choose to accept His thoughts and we stay in the same place expecting different results in our lives.

The good news is that we have a fresh start every day-the opportunity to choose God’s thoughts in the way that we think.
The bad news is that we stay in the same place expecting different results in our lives.

The good news is that every relationship, every circumstance, and every problem has the opportunity to be touched by the power of God.
The bad news is that we stay in the same place expecting different results in our lives.

The Good News is that Jesus came to fill our lives with the peace of God, the love of God, the grace of God, the mercy of God, and the joy of the Lord.
The bad news is that we stay in the same place expecting different results in our lives.

What’s your plan for today? Will you “change” your mind and your mindsets so that you can begin to experience exactly what Jesus died to give you?
Why not?

Power Thought:
Staying in the same place produces the same results.

No comments:

Post a Comment