Thursday, December 29, 2011

Power of A Life Preserver


Key Scripture: “And Jesus replied, “Have faith in God, constantly.” Mark 11:22 Amplified Bible
Power Point:
Sometimes we are just silly aren’t we? Sometimes we can be in the “middle of a major muddle” and totally forget to remember what God has told us to do.  Duh!
It’s similar to a scenario where I have a cold and I go to the doctor and He gives me a prescription for medicine to help me get better. I buy it, take it home and then decide it probably won’t work so I leave it on the shelf.  I pass by it daily, and remember the physician telling me that this medicine would make me “all better”. But I don’t believe in what he said enough to try it.
The Great Physician has told us very clearly that it is His word, His truth, His promises, and our belief in all that power that sets us free. Yet I see many people with dusty bibles on their coffee table. I remember a friend, who gave a New Testament as a gift this Christmas only to have the young girl look a bit confused, and say, “I think we have a Bible somewhere.
Is your Bible “somewhere” or is it in a “treasured” place? Jesus said, “If you live in Me, and My words continue to live in your hearts, then…  We tend to forget the requirements for the “then” to be released. The answer to your problems is in His word. The amount of time that you spend trying to figure out your issues would be better spent in immersing yourself in what God has to say about it, don’t you think?, God says His word never returns void, without accomplishing its task. That's a pretty powerful statement.  Do you believe it? Well then-take that Bible off the shelf or out of that drawer, dust it off and open it up. It truly is your life preserver Beloved. It’s all there in black and white. If you started by just reading the words in red in the new testament- the actual words that Jesus said, it could change your life.
The Great Physician has already given us the prescription for health, wholeness, prosperity, deliverance, rescue, victory, etc. etc. etc.  Don't you think you should take it?  
It will make everything “all better”. Thumbs up to that!
Power Thought:
Your faith will grow as you hear and read and believe and act on what He says. If you don't, it won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment