Saturday, December 3, 2011

Power of Right and Wrong



Key Scripture:  Here it is in a nutshell:  Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it.  But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life.” Romans 5:17, 18, The Message
Power Point:
I always like to do the right thing.  I suppose you do too. The problem is, sometimes I mess up and my “right” becomes “wrong”.  Sometimes I get up on the “wrong” side of the bed and have to go back and get out on the “right side”.  Sometimes I go the “wrong” direction when I’m driving and I have to turn on my GPS and make a U turn.
Jesus never has had that problem. He was, is, and always will be “right”.  When you asked Him into your life, His “rightness” (righteousness) became all yours.
The power of God in you will make all those “wrong” things that you're struggling with “right” because Jesus lives in you.  It was a package deal.
When you begin to confess (agree with God) that you, (yes, little old you) are now on “the right side”, the winning side, on God’s side, you might say:
Jesus, I want to thank You that:
The wrongs in my health are now made right.
The wrongs in my finances are now made right.
The wrongs in my thinking are now made right.
The wrongs in my relationships are now made right.
The wrongs in my past are now made right.
The wrongs in my future are now made right.
Because I am the “rightness” of God in You and You rule and reign in my life. You give me life as You have it so that I can rule and reign with You in my own life.
I hope you’ll take this amazing truth today and ask Holy Spirit to plant its seed deep in your own spirit. As the Body of Christ, we’ve “run past” a lot of the genuine truth of the gospel for us personally.  Is it time for the gospel to “catch up” to your life? Jesus delivered you from sin but in doing that He set you free to receive all the “rightness” of God in Him.  That’s the abundant life He was talking about.
He gives you the power to be more than a conqueror, which means not just defeating your enemies, (the wrongs) in your life but defeating them so they can never rise up again.
That’s good news Beloved.  Right? Right!
Power Thought:
Is it time to “right” the “wrongs” in your life? Beloved, you are in the “right” place at the “right” time. Take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment