Thursday, December 15, 2011

Power of "WE"




Key Scripture:  “Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote:
God is there, ready to help, I'm fearless no matter what.  Who or what can get to me?"  Hebrews 13:5, The Message
Power Point:
Christmas is such a good time to be reminded of the beautiful benefit of Christ coming to earth. I’d like to point out to you one of my favorite benefits. It’s “WE”. You see, Beloved when Christ comes to dwell in us, to fill us with Himself; He brings a “whole lotta” good with Him. From that point on, you are never alone. Never. From that point on, every step that you take, every day that passes you are “keeping company with Him.
If you go up in airplane, He is there with you. If you go Scuba diving, He is there too.
If you are in a dark place, He brings in the Light. If you’re in a tight place, He makes more room.
I used to try to build up my faith by saying, “I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me.” Lately I’ve come to realize with greater clarity what that really means. It means “WE”! It means that with His thoughts in me, His plans for me, and His Spirit with me, I am never alone, never vulnerable, and left to muddle through on my own. He is with me. He is with me to protect me.  He is with me to take care of me.  He is with me to empower me.  He is with me because He enjoys being with me! What a wonderful thought.
This beautiful benefit of salvation is the intimacy that we have with Him. He’s even better than a husband or a wife or a friend, because He never gets annoyed, He never get’s tired of you, and best of all, He never gives up on you!
I don’t know where you’re headed today.  It could be to a doctor’s office or church or a family reunion. It could be off to the office, or off on a trip.Remember HE is with you. You're on your way together. He enjoys that. He especially likes it when you talk to Him and include him in whatever you’re doing, including that movie you want to see or that TV show you’re watching You might want to ask Him if He is enjoying it.
The power of WE? He and me together-forever and always.  Amen!

Power Thought:
We need to explore the wonderful power of “WE” don’t we? What does with mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment