Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Power of "Was"


Key Scripture:  “the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.”  Isaiah 53:5 NLT
Power Point:
I’ve been studying lately in Psalm 103 verses 2-5. Those verses say some pretty amazing things. Could they be true? Well, if the Bible is written under the divine inspiration  of Holy Spirit and every word is Truth that sets us free, I guess you’d have to say, “Yes they’re true.” These verses describe the fullness of what salvation means.  They say that we should praise God for the benefits of our salvation which includes forgiveness of all our sins and healing of all our diseases. All?  All. Why do we find it so easy to believe that Jesus forgives us our sins but we sincerely question healing of all our diseases? Hmm. Could Satan be putting a fly in the ointment of healing?
Like you, I have “issues” in my ability to sin at times. (Yes, sadly it’s true that sometimes I miss the mark!) but the truth that I believe is that my sins are forgiven. I can confess them and agree with God I made a mistake and move on knowing I have His forgiveness. The funny thing is when I have “issues” in my health, I’m tempted to doubt that God really meant what He says that He said-"I heal all of your diseases." Is it easier for Jesus to forgive than to heal?
If you go back to Isaiah 53, it says “By HIS wounds you WERE healed.” Were. If that’s true, (and I believe that it is),  then I don’t have to beg for healing now, just as I don’t have to beg for His forgiveness.  I HAVE it. NOW. So why is it harder for me to digest that truth?
I guess it’s because I keep looking at the things I see, not the things I hear and that has a devastating effect on my faith. I guess it’s because I keep thinking about what “is” and not what “was”.
I realize I may be opening a big can of worms for you today, but I also realize that God is shouting something that has been drowned out by the clamor of what is around us. The voices that say, “No way. He couldn’t have meant that.” Or “that’s not for today.” Well, why not?
Do people still need healing today. Of course they do.  Does God change Who He is according to a season of time? I don’t think so.
As you digest these words today, I hope you won’t get an upset tummy. Ask Holy Spirit to show you the truth you can apply to your life.
That’s what I’ doing. After all, if I “was” forgiven, then I am forgiven. And if, I “was”healed, then I am healed.
If I “was”, you “was”. Believe it! Receive it! And explore it.
Power UP!
Was and were are always in the “past tense”.

No comments:

Post a Comment