Friday, January 6, 2012

Power of Forgetfulness



Key Scripture:  …one thing I do-it is my one aspiration: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the (supreme and heavenly) prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.”  Philippians 3:13,14
Power Point:
I know you’ve probably heard about people forgetting things as they get older. It can be a problem or a blessing. I can forget where I put my glasses or my keys and still live my life. (unless I need to read something or drive my car somewhere). It’s annoying but not life threatening.
Sometimes I misplace my spiritual keys-the ones Jesus gave me to keep me operating in His passion to bring heaven to earth. That’s Life-threatening!
Our heavenly Father is actually very good at forgetting. In fact, divine forgetfulness is a key to victorious kingdom living. Our whole life with Him is based on the fact that He forgets all our sins. He forgets the bad and determinedly remembers the good-like the fact that He has made a covenant with us to always be a part of our lives and to bless us, to bring His good will to pass for us and to transform us into powerful, Spirit filled people who carry out His plan to bring heaven to earth.
If He forgets our sins and continues to give us grace for today and tomorrow don’t you think that’s a good idea for us too? What if, in your life there is someone who has hurt you or rejected you or betrayed you? Of course you forgive, and knowing you, I’m sure you do just that. But the key to freedom here is when you forget to remember their offenses toward you. You live your life today by making the choice to put it behind you, on God’s altar and allow Him to transform the outcome. You take that person to the altar and ask God to bless them and in the process you bring heaven to earth. You are called to bring heaven to earth not earth to earth. You are to strain forward toward the prize of forgiving and forgetting and not to keep remembering the past. Holy Spirit is the master of this because of course, that’s how He’s lived every moment of His life. He's always thing forward. The good news? He’s in YOU! He can erase, or heal, or remove the pain from those memories and give you the freedom to then strain forward to all that lies ahead-to all of God’s perfectly wonderful will for you.
You have a call on your life Beloved, to bring heaven to earth. Jesus has given you the keys to start the engine on that call and strain forward.  You can only do that if you forget what lies behind and replace bad memories with beautiful promises for the future; if you transform that situation and not be conformed to it. If you are conformed to the past, that’s what you will see for the rest of your life. If you place yourself in God’s hands, with His thoughts, the situation will ultimately be transformed, and you will too.
Don’t forget your keys!
Power Thought:
The key to your victorious future is forgetting what lies behind and begin straining forward to all that God has promised lies ahead for you. Bring heaven to earth, not earth to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment