Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Power of Patience




Key Scripture:  
…and so after he had patiently endured he obtained the promise.” Hebrews 6:15
Power Point:
Patience is a virtue. Did you know that? I guess that means that sometimes I am very virtuous and sometimes I am not! How about you? I think patience is the virtue that allows us to partner with God for our lives and for those we love.  If you think about it, as you are waiting for one level of faith to be increased to the next level of faith, it takes patience. If you are believing God for the fulfillment of a promise it takes “patience”.
 Patience is a great word. (You knew I would probably get around to its definition didn’t you? Thank you for being patient.) It means “staying power, endurance, tolerance, lack of complaining, (did I really say, "Lack of complaining"?) persistence, and are you ready for this? It means “serenity, the capacity to wait”. It is also a fruit of His Spirit in you. You have patience whether you like it or not!  It’s there inside you, (sometimes really DEEP inside) waiting to be tapped.  The important thing about patience is that God expects us to use it. 
He desires “that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherited the promises.”
Have you ever been “sluggish”?  It means you are lethargic, and slow moving,you lack energy and enthusiasm.  
I have good news for you. God has an answer to that. Begin to imitate those that you see and read about who through their faith and their patience inherited the things that God promised them. You can’t be sluggish and diligent at the same time. Diligence has better rewards. Each morning when I wake up I know that I’m going to exercise. I don’t want to exercise. I’d rather sit in my chair and eat pancakes and dream about how healthy I’m going to be. I can be sluggish and very slow moving. I have to talk myself into diligence. I have to be diligent to make that exercise happen. Otherwise I get no benefit from all the promises that exercise has to offer. Then when I finish, I am so pleased with myself. I reap the benefits because I patiently endured to the end and I am obtaining the promise of being stronger and healthier.
Sometimes good health is a long process and you need patience.  Sometimes the road to financial health is a long process and you need patience.  Usually, good relationships whether in marriage or friendships or whatever require a lot of patience. Beloved, apply God’s patience to your life. It’s the fuel for you to allow Holy Spirit to keep up His good work! The truth is patience only works if you believe God IS doing a good work. That He will work all things together for good. That’s He’s  with you, and He will honor you and He will show up in your life. It would be pretty hard to be patient when you aren’t sure of the outcome. But we know that trusting God is worth the wait isn’t it? Of course it is.  So-be virtuous today to be diligent to be patient.
Power Thought:
Always remember just how patient God is with you! Don’t lose patience in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment