Thursday, October 11, 2012

Power Of Agreement




Key Scripture: Where two or more agree, I am there.”  Matthew 18:19
Power Point:
             Sometimes people will ask me to agree with them over something they’ve asked in prayer. Usually that’s easy to do but sometimes it can be a little tricky.  I remember one day a precious friend asked me to agree with her that God would do something about an issue that definitely needed changing. The truth was that God had told her many times that He wanted her to make some changes in her life so that He could do exactly what she was asking Him to do. He wanted the same things that she did but He was trying to make sure the changes would be lasting.
When we offer to agree with someone we are literally saying, “I agree that what you are praying is the right thing.  I’m putting my name on the bottom of this request, and when I do, Jesus will give you what you ask for.” Here’s the thing Beloved. It’s my personal and humble opinion that first of all we have to agree with what our heavenly Father has said. Isn’t that the whole point? We agree with His plans and purposes and then we make sure that we are now bound to a new framework of thinking and acting. Jesus said, “Whatsoever you ask in My name, it shall be done for you.” The phrase, “in My Name”, literally means, that you are bringing your requests framed in all that Jesus is, all that He represents, and of course, His “standing in agreement” with the Father.
            In John 15, Jesus says “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, then you will ask what you will and it shall be done for you by My Father.” He adds, “This is how My Father is glorified.” And that’s the Key to the Kingdom life we all want to live isn’t it?  The key to abundant living is living in agreement with Jesus first and foremost. Jesus is in perfect agreement with the Father. Remember that He said that He never did anything without hearing and seeing the Father first?  That same attitude of listening and doing only what His words to us will bring us into perfect alignment with the Father’s will for our lives. Don’t you agree?
            The prayer that I pray every day, binding my plans and purposes to His, and my thoughts to the mind of Christ is setting myself in agreement with the Father. It’s saying, “I agree with YOU Jesus, that this is what You desire in this situation.” I take the words He has given me that have been woven into the fabric of my thinking and I can know that My heavenly Father will answer what I am asking. I can trust Him to answer above and beyond all that I can ask or think. I can believe that His goodness toward me will craft this situation into something that is good for me.  I don’t tell Him how. I simply agree that He will do the right thing. I can agree with His will because I know that it is good, and acceptable and perfect. Yea God!                       
            So when someone asks you to stand in agreement with them, be sure that both of you are in agreement with God. Then stand back and wait for the power from on high to explode into your situation.
Power Thought:
When you sign your name at the bottom of a prayer request, make sure that Jesus has signed it first.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment