Saturday, October 13, 2012

Powering UP America!



Key Scripture:  “For you will heap coals of fire on his head, And the Lord will reward you.”  Proverbs 25:22
“Therefore, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”  Romans 12:20
Power Point:
     I used to love Proverbs 25:22 because I thought it justified my anger toward someone so that I could heap coals of fire on them. Imagine my surprise when I discovered one day that “coals of fire” are used at the altar. They are the incendiary devices called the prayers of the saints. The picture of that is that we carry our enemies to the mercy seat and ask for God’s mercy for their sins against us. 
     Do you think God is telling us to breathe fiery prayers for them instead of breathing fire on them?  In Revelation 8:4 it says, “and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angels at hand. I guess you could say that where there’s smoke, there’s fire.
     Years ago, I learned a very powerful lesson that changed my life. I was struggling with someone in my life, who repeatedly said and did things to hurt me. One day, as I was talking to the Lord about it He said this, “Suzanne, you need to realize that this person is simply losing their battle with the enemy. They are not your enemy. The Enemy is the enemy.  Pray for them so that do not continue to lose their battle with him.”  Those simple words helped me to realize a very basic Truth. When I can look at other people from God’s perspective, I see them differently.  I can realize that they are fighting the same battles I am in but they’re not able to get the victory. That helps me to burn up the airways with prayers for them, and it helps me to realize where the battle really is.
     God loves America. I guess that means that He loves the people who live here too. So if that politician, that Democrat or that Republican are not “on His side”, it means that they need your prayers to move the Enemy back in their lives so that they can see and experience the grace and mercy of God. How about asking God to place a burning bush on their path today so that they step aside and go to examine the presence of God?  It certainly helped Moses, didn’t it? He got a new assignment, a new direction and a whole new concept of the Living God.
     That is how we rebuild the walls of this nation. Your attitude towards those who think differently than you do is important to Him. I believe He waits until we understand that our own attitude is part of the problem at times.  We may be on the right side but we continually grumble, complain, and criticize. He won’t move until we move back into the right place. If we’re spreading more hatred than love, we’re out of step with Him.  If we’re carrying those burdensome people to His throne and lighting it up with fervent prayers for them, I think it will make a difference don’t you? And I believe it will be sooner rather than later.
That’s how we overcome evil with good. I didn’t say it would be easy.

   Power Prayer For America:
Father, help me to see that this is not as much a physical battle for America, but a spiritual battle for our souls.  Help me to understand that every “soul’ here is one that You want to know personally. The Enemy is fighting that in every way He can. Help us to realize that he truly is the enemy and let us move forward with our “smoking hot” prayers to defeat him. And let us see him defeated right in front of our eyes.  Like David, facing Goliath, let us pick up the rocks and sling them straight into the Enemy’s camp so that we can watch those spiritual forces waging war against us fall to the ground. We carry the Name of the Lord. Who do they think they are to come against the army of the Lord!
Let Your Truth keep marching on!
In Jesus Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment