Monday, October 29, 2012

Power Of Being An MIP



Key Scripture:   “What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus!  Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we’ve been given a brand new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven- and the future starts now.”  The Message.

Power Point:
What if each thought in our heads was based on the other person?
How can I bless you today?
How can I pull out the treasure in you?
How can I call out the things that aren’t yet but are going to be?
How can I encourage you?
How can I strengthen you?
How can I…
     If we are Jesus with skin on, then that’s our assignment isn’t it?
We are to love unconditionally, bring His peace that passes all understanding, leave people in a better place than they were when we came in, and unlock heavenly doors for them so that they can think higher, live higher and reach higher. Something tells me that if I do that, I have done my job and I will be happier!
     Being a recovering analytical, who is also a recovering “critical”, I find myself in a place of greater peace and joy when I do what Jesus would do.  Instead of always trying to point someone to the “error of their ways” I  try to point them to what God thinks about them. I try to get them to look above and beyond today, into the future where God’s plans are coming to pass.
The thing about the promises He has given us is that they are unbreakable. His promises for every single one of us is our ticket for the future He has planned for us. In 2 Peter 1:4, those promises are described as a gift from a God who has such great mercy that He has allowed us to be born again into a life full of hope. Isn’t that what we should be offering people- hope?
     As I began my devotional time this morning, I found this quote by Roger Dawson, “Treat everyone you meet as though they are the most important person you'll meet today.”
As I thought about it, I realized that that is exactly the way God treats everyone. We are all His favorites! We are all MIP’s (Most Important Persons) to Him.  He is out to bless and honor and enjoy us.
     That does not mean that He does not recognize our shortcomings, He’s just not focused on them. His thoughts are always higher than ours aren’t they?  He’s thinking about the great things ahead, not the bad things behind. He’s thinking about how much He loves us. He’s planning how He can fill in the gaps that we’re missing in our experience of Him.
     So, off you go today to spread some heaven around earth today. First of all be sure you’re thinking higher, then think outside the box that you’ve already placed that person in.
It’s a stretch sometimes, but it’s a good stretch.
    Each person is a treasure to God, (yes, even that one!) and the best way they can see Jesus is when we act like Him. He always wants them (and us), to think higher, live higher, and reach higher. He wants that for us too.

Power Thought:
Remember to treat everyone you meet today as though they are the Most Important Person you’ve ever met.  God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment