Friday, October 26, 2012

Powering UP America!



Our First Congress
Key Scripture:  “Therefore, please come at once, curse this people for me, for they are too mighty for me.  Perhaps I shall be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land, for I know that he whom you bless is blessed, and he whom you cursed is cursed.”  Numbers 22:6
Power Point:
     Allow me to set the scene for you.  In this chapter, Balaak, a Moabite leader is “exceedingly afraid” of the nation of Israel. They have moved in and camped on the plains of Moab.  In fact, scripture says he was “sick with dread”. They were too numerous, and too blessed, and, oh yes, they had God on their side. He sends for the prophet Balaam, and tells him to curse this nation. He believes that if a prophet curses them, he will be able to defeat them. 
     God has another plan.  He has a chat with Balaam and says, “You shall NOT curse the people for they are blessed.” Even though Balaak offers him great honor, and promises to do whatever Balaam asks of him. Balaam replies, “If you gave me all your silver and gold, I would not go beyond the word of the Lord, my God to do less or more.”
But then, oddly, he decides to go with the men to see Balaak. God sends His own Angel to stop him. The donkey can see the Angel and he moves aside to avoid him. This happens three times until finally the Lord opens the donkey’s mouth and allows him to speak to Balaam and tell him to stop! 
     Eventually the Lord opens Balaam’s eyes and he too can see the Angel of the Lord, standing, with His sword drawn. He reminds Balaam that he is only to speak what the Lord tells Him. Balaam gets it right this time. He blesses the nation.
This is what Balaam said:
“God is not a man that He should lie…Has He not said, and will He not do?
Has He not spoken and will He not make it good?
Behold I have received a command to bless; He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it…
The Lord his God is with (this nation), and the shout of a King is among them. God brings them out…”
My friend, the shout of the King of Kings is among us! He will bring us out. I recently read a statement by Joel Osteen, in his book, “It’s Your Time.”  He said, “Before anyone cursed you, God blessed you.”
This story of Balaam is a perfect illustration of that. God does not want us to curse what He has blessed.  Allow me to be Balaam’s donkey today.
     We must be very careful to not become like those who come against us. Our mouths are to speak only what God speaks. When He looks at our nation, He sees a land He has blessed and not cursed.
This is what God says, Do not be afraid because of this mighty army for the battle is not yours but God's."  (2 Chronicles 20:15)

Power Prayer For America:
The Fight For Freedom
Father, I have been guilty of speaking curses instead of blessing over this nation. Thank You for forgiving me and setting me back on the right path. I will not listen to the voice of the Enemy anymore. I am definitely thinking higher.
     I thank You Father for blessing this land and not cursing it. I thank You that you have made us the head and not the tail. And I thank You for Your Spirit that rests here and Who is able to bring life to the dead and hope to the hopeless. Show us YOUR ways Lord and we will follow. Let Your Spirit of Wisdom rule and reign in us and over us again. Let us hear Your voice. The voice of a stranger we will not follow. You will lead us to overcome evil with good. Is that a shout I hear? Thank YOU!

Let Your Truth keep marching on!
In Jesus Name.  Amen!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment