Thursday, October 18, 2012

Power Of Being Led



Key Scripture:  God’s Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go!”  Romans 8:14, The Message

Power Point:
     I took my car in this week to be serviced. It works perfectly. The brakes are good, the tires are good and the engine runs like a top.
I could drive this car across the country and it would run beautifully.
I’ve seen new cars that will park themselves for you and I’ve seen test cars that will drive without a driver. That would be great if you had to commute every day wouldn’t it?  Wouldn’t it be fun to get in the passenger seat and say, “I want to go the store, or to work, or to my friend’s house”?  I would definitely love that!
     Did you know that your spiritual life is just as easy as that?  Really!
If you’d get in the passenger seat, or even the back seat and let God drive the car, it would be a much easier trip wouldn’t it?  I remember when I was learning to drive. My mother had hired this poor man to teach me.  I drove while he sat in the passenger seat with his own steering wheel and his own brakes.  He needed them. I didn’t know someone could sweat that much.
     I can also remember when I was teaching my children to drive. I would have been very grateful for my own set of controls.  I didn’t know I could sweat that much.
     The thing is, Beloved, sometimes we exercise too much control over where and how fast God is trying to take us into the glorious plans He has for us. He wants to go fast. We put on the brakes. He wants to turn left. We want to turn right. When we choose our own way it’s just not good is it? God’s divine GPS knows exactly the route to take and He isn’t sidetracked by bumps in the road. 
     When I’m driving with my grandchildren in the car, I take special precautions to drive carefully. I want to be sure that they arrive at their destination safe and sound. God wants that same thing for us doesn’t He?  He is the “Savior” after all. His plans for our lives are full of kindness, wisdom, and extraordinary opportunities. He knows where the “potholes” are and how to avoid them.  He knows where there are beautiful places to stop and rest and just look at the scenery and be refreshed.  Although He is involved in every detail, He always sees the big picture, the final outcome, and He plans accordingly.
     Will you give Him more control as you drive together through your life today?  Will you stop putting on the brakes and turning the wheel?
It will really throw you off course and you don’t want that do you?

Power Thought:
 Don’t you want a really good driver in the driver’s seat of your life? Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment