Sunday, November 11, 2012

Power Of Gratitude



Key Scripture: “Be sure that no repays a bad turn, good should be your objective always, among yourselves and in the world at large. Be happy in your faith at all times. Never stop praying.  Be thankful, whatever the circumstances may be.” I Thessalonians 5:18, Phillips

Power Point
Some things I am most grateful for:
-I live in a country where I can praise God and keep His Word as my source of Strength.
--My family. They are the best.
-My poodles.  They are the very Best. 
-The hopes that God has for my future.
-My home,my church, and my friends.  They bring me such joy.
-Did I mention the poodles?
-The people God has linked me with to help me; doctors, financial advisors, my hairdresser, the trash collectors, the maintenance men and the man at the tire store who always checks my tire pressure for free.

Just to name a few.  I love Paul’s “very good advice” in Philippians 4:8,9:  Here is a last piece of advice.  If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good….and you will find the God of peace will be with you.” It really works doesn’t it?  Sometimes its hard to do but often when I find the negatives outweighing the positives in my thoughts, I like to take a step back, take a deep breath and think about the blessings I have in my life that far outweigh anything else.  I have scripture all over the walls of my house. Everywhere I look, there’s a promise of God for me. I have pictures of my family everywhere. Who could be sad when you look at those precious faces?  I have friends I can call who will cheer me UP by helping me to look UP! 
Most of all, I have a God who is always holding out His strong arms to embrace me, and has a good word to encourage me. The other day as I was thinking about all this, the Lord said, Suzanne, what if you had done the worst thing imaginable and I walked into the room.  How do you think I would greet you?” Immediately I could see Him, standing there with His arms outstretched, a look of such love on His face that it took my breath away.
That’s the thing we need to “think on” isn’t it? No matter what happens in us or around us, to us or against us, He is right there, arms outstretched and  love outpouring. It’s easy to run to someone like that isn’t it? You can forget the past and run to the future He has for you, already planned in love. And you can be very, very grateful.
So run. Fast.
Power Thought:
Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.








No comments:

Post a Comment