Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Power Of Turning The Tables



Key Scripture: “So David strengthened himself in the Lord, his God.”  1 Samuel 30:6

Power Point:
     I think that the most surprising thing I’ve learned in the last few years is that I can turn the tables on the Enemy.  He loves to get me stirred up about something and if I’m not careful, he gets me so stirred up that I can’t “think UP!” I heard Graham Cooke say that when you are being tempted by the enemy, begin to act in the opposite spirit.”  I think that’s great advice!
     My son, David is now the coach of my grandson's football team. Ben says that his dad gets in his car at lunchtime and practices being "harsh".  It seems that the Enemy loves to encourage people around us to do that too doesn't he?  For example, lets say that someone says something “harsh” to you.  Your immediate reaction is to say something “harsh” right back isn’t it?   I think that’s called, "acting in the flesh”. It doesn't seem to get me anywhere.  How about you? What I’m learning to do is to take a breath, and a step back and listen to His voice telling me how I can respond in the opposite.  It’s not my natural reaction, but the more I do it, the more natural it is becoming.  To be perfectly honest, it's not always easy but scripture says that if we resist the enemy and draw near to God, God will draw near to us. We humble ourselves and He lifts us UP!  That's a good exchange isn't it?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Resist!
     Do you remember the time when King David and his mighty men had been off fighting a battle?  When they returned to their home in Ziklag, they found that the enemy had taken everything from their camp, including their wives and children.  Harsh.  The “mighty men” are so mad that they plan to kill King David. Very harsh. Those men were David's friends and supporters. That had to hurt. It was a great time for him to run and hide. Instead, he goes to the Lord and “strengthens himself”.  The “rest of the story” is that God tells David to march right back into battle. Verse 30 says, “he recovered all.”
     You may be in a place where it’s not easy. You may be in a workplace where the atmosphere is not the best. You may be in a place of dealing with a hurt that someone has inflicted. The good news is that you don’t have to stay in that place until the wounds fester and spread their infection. You have the privilege of resisting the devil, strengthening yourself in the Lord and recovering all.
     The Lord has promised to rebuke the destroyer for you. He has said that He will bless you and cause you to have favor. Go to that place. Listen to His voice. Strengthen yourself in Him. That's how you turn the tables on the Enemy.

Power Thought:

No comments:

Post a Comment