Sunday, November 25, 2012

Power Of Staying The Same



Key Scripture:  “For even if the mountains walk away and the hills fall to pieces, My love won’t walk away from you, My covenant commitment of peace won’t fall apart. The God who has compassion says so.”  Isaiah 54:10, The Message
Power Point:
I was thanking the Lord this morning for an issue in my life. I had really been “under the pile” and I knew it was time to get on top of it. As we worked through the issue together and we rebuilt my foundation of faith in His plans for me, I said, “Lord, You are still amazing!”  That phrase really caught my attention.  You see Beloved, in the darkest of times we can forget Who God has said that He is and What He has said He will do. He will always be good. One of the glorious things about His goodness is that He never changes. Situations may change. People may change. In fact, everything may change but your heavenly Father will never change one word of His promises to you.
He is completely committed to you. Forever and ever. Amen.
     When Satan is relentless about throwing hard things at you to destroy you and your faith, that’s a good point to remember isn’t it?
     Years ago I had a real “issue”. For several weeks it was as though I didn’t have a leg to stand on.  The issue was so big that I couldn’t find my footing. The foundation of my faith was seriously scarred. Then one morning the Lord said to me, Suzanne, have you forgotten that I have good plans for you to give you a future and a hope?”  I had. But that one word to me stirred up the anointing in me and the fire of faith began to burn again. Thank Goodness!
     Of course, we do tend to forget the lessons we learn at His knee and in my current situation, I had forgotten to apply His wisdom, again. But when I did what I knew to do; when I began to thank Him, and believe in His goodness toward me, I changed.  As I looked back over all the days of His faithfulness to me, I could see that the “covenant of Peace” I had with Him hadn’t ended. It is as powerful today as it was that day long ago.  He still only plans good things for me to give me a future and a hope. He promises that to you too.
     As I began to think about all this, the fires of my faith were stirred up again. My situation hadn’t changed, only my perception of it.  I began to remember that this is only the middle of the journey. And He’s got a good plan for the outcome. Even though it “feels” as though there’s no place for me to “stand”, there is indeed a solid Rock for me to stand on.  I changed position.
     Beloved, He hasn’t forgotten you. He hasn’t changed His mind about blessing you. He hasn't changed His mind about comforting you, leading you, encouraging you, and answering you.  But the shift comes from being “under the pile”, to being an overcomer when you begin to remember the plans He has for you. When you offer up the ashes of your faith, He will stir them up until the flame burns again. Things may not change immediately but you will. His Life is there for you as you choose to accept it.
Anticipate His goodness. He hasn’t changed and He won’t. He always stays the same, only better.

Power Thought:
"I praise loudly. I blame softly."  Catherine the Great 

No comments:

Post a Comment