Saturday, November 17, 2012

Powering UP! America



Key Scripture:  “Who will go for us?” Isaiah 6:8

Power Point:
Since the election, I am sure that you have been hearing a lot of doom and gloom about America.  This morning I am realizing that all the “experts”, all the “talking heads” are cursing us on a regular basis. I can hear the Lord saying, “Who will go FOR Us?”
Here’s a thought.  I journeyed back to Genesis 18 today to take a second look at Abraham and the “sin city” of Sodom.  The outcry against this city was so great that God felt that it must be destroyed.
What was the outcry about?  Homosexuality. God loved the people but He couldn’t ignore the outcry against their actions. The penalty was not only the death of a people, but the death of a nation, including all the righteous in it.
The Message version says that “…even as the angels set out to destroy Sodom God says, “Abraham is my friend. Shouldn’t I tell him what I am about to do? He is my servant and my friend. SURELY the nations of the earth will be blessed through him.” Have you forgotten that the Bible says that WE are the SEED of Abraham?
The beautiful thing about Abraham is that he knew he had a relationship with God.  And so did God. The term “friend” is a covenant term meaning that God had a relationship with Abraham. They were friends.  Part of being “friends” means that you share each other’s lives. In the covenant between Abraham and God, that agreement between them meant that they were in partnership together. That’s why Abraham could talk to God and possibly change His mind.
One thing we tend to forget is that in the Old Testament the Holy Spirit came to rest temporarily on men.  The glorious, mind-blowing truth of the Gospel of Christ is that Holy Spirit has come to live IN us. We are in partnership with God. P-a-r-t-n-e-r-s-h-i-p. That means that whatever I ask my Friend to do to help me, He does. That means that if I tell mountains to move, He partners with me to move them.
Is homosexuality a mountain in our nation? Absolutely. Is abortion a mountain? You bet. Is the huge mountain of debt still looming in our path? Yes. But are our national mountains too big for God? Does He not care about the righteous anymore? What do you think? I think that we are the seed of Abraham.  I think that we are God’s friends and I think that mountains still move in response to faith in Him.
Do you think there are fifty people in your city who love the Lord? Of course there are. Will He spare that city, this nation because of the righteous there? Yes, my friend. He will. That’s the Truth of it. Does it set you free?
Your job, should you chose to accept it, is to stand before the Lord and ask for His Help. Actually that’s the easy part.  When God says, “Who will go for Us?”  He is saying,  “Will you go?” Will you begin to walk in love, and faith, and bless this nation? Will you hold fast to your confidence in Him and see the rewards of your faith? Will you grab hold of His promises and make them the truths that set us all free?
Stop listening to people who have no faith and who are not “friends” with God. Of course they have no hope and no vision for His good plans. When I was talking to the Lord about all this, He said, “Each of my children has a piece of the puzzle. As they do what I tell them to do; as they go to the places I send them; as they speak the words that I give them, they are putting together the pieces of the puzzle of this nation. I have put my Spirit in them to equip them to do exactly that. “
Beloved, you have a piece and I have a piece. Let’s be sure to put our part of the puzzle together. Sometimes when you’re doing a puzzle, you are only concentrating on the portion where your piece fits. Then when all the pieces are in, you can see the whole picture.  Each piece is important to see the whole picture, the one that God sees. Will you go for us and make sure the whole picture comes together?

Powering UP Prayer:
Father I am ready to go.  I know You have given me an important piece of the Puzzle and I want to see the whole picture come together.  Thank You for Your own Holy Spirit in me to guide me and teach me, and to give me exactly the rights things to say and do at exactly the right moment. Thank you that there are no mountains too big for us to move in partnership with You.  Thank You that You love this country and every person in it.  Let the waves of righteousness flow over us again and restore us to one nation Under God.
I hear Your voice asking “Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?”  I’ll go Lord. Send me.

Let Your Truth keep marching on!
In Jesus Name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment