Monday, November 28, 2011

Power of Being Under the Influence



Key Scripture: "It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time...But what happens when we live God's way?  He brings gifts into our lives..."  Galatians 5
Power Point:
To be honest it has been a difficult week. I know you probably think I never have them but you would be wrong. I ended up on the couch for most of the weekend with a “bug” which I finally “squashed”.  That put to flight all my plans of getting the house decorated and shopping done and it put me in a really bad mood. Anyone was welcome to my “pity party” but surprisingly no one else came.
So this morning the Lord said, “Don’t you think it’s about time you got out from under this?”  Yes. It was. So off I went to change the influences that were putting me under.
I know that you are aware that being filled, immersed and led by the Spirit of God is a good thing. He is definitely a good influence! You have probably also had experiences with the other “influencer”.
Let’s see if we can figure out how to tell whose influence you’re under.
                                 SELF
Grumpy, irritable, grumbling and complaining, feeling sorry for yourself, angry, impatient, depressed, with a focus on me, me, me!

                               SPIRIT
Loving, joyful, peaceful, kind, generous, gentle, encouraging, looking out for others as well as yourself.

So which influence are you under today?  Are you under the pile, or buckled under, or have you gotten hot under the collar, and just fallen under the spell of your own sweet self?
Or is the Holy Spirit trying to light a fire under you? Is He telling you to stop hiding your light under a bushel, and knuckle under and realize you can thankful that you were born under a lucky star (the ones Abraham counted all those years ago)?
Is it time to get back under the right influence-you know the one who brings peace, wholeness and prosperity of soul. You bet it is.
As you begin this busy season of shopping till you’re dropping, and time with friends and family, perhaps it would be a good idea to take some time out every day to sit under the influence of that precious Holy Spirit and send the other guy packing. What He puts in your life can not only light up your world but also spread it around wherever you go.
As you begin your busy week, whatever that looks like for you, perhaps it would be a good idea to take some time out every day to sit under the influence of that precious Holy Spirit and send the other guy packing. What He puts in your life can not only light up your world but also spread it around wherever you go
Power Thought:
Don’t keep the influence of the Good News under your hat. (Dear me, I think I need a break!)

No comments:

Post a Comment