Friday, November 18, 2011

Power of Heavy Lifting


Key Scripture:  “When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.  When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.  When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end-because I am God, your personal God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”  Isaiah 43:2,3 The Message.
Power Point:
I was so sore last night I could hardly stand it. As I tried to understand why my shoulders and neck hurt so badly, I remembered exactly why. As I mentioned before I began an exercise program this summer. Yesterday morning part of that program was raising weights above my head. Last night my body reminded me. I had tried to lift something too heavy and I paid for it.
 I realized that I can be just as guilty of doing that spiritually too.  Sometimes I forget that I have a really strong God who is ready to do the heavy lifting  in my life. You remember Him, don't you?  The One who calls Himself “The Helper”; the One who says He’ll deliver us from every enemy; the One who says He will heal, save, rescue and deliver us while all the while bringing peace and victory to our lives? Yep. That would be your personal  El Shaddai,  the God who is all mighty which means there is no one more powerful than your God. That would be your personal Jehovah Raah, the Shepherd who tends to your needs, provides green pastures for you to rest in, and cares for you perfectly.  Then there is Jehovah Rapha, your own personal healer.
And that’s just to name a few! He is a great “package deal”!
If you’ve been doing a lot of heavy lifting is it time to reconnect with the One who wants to be up close and personal in every area of your life? The answer is “yes”. Have you been lifting and carrying things without the strength of heaven to help? Well, stop it! Sit down and ask for His help and begin to believe that He will do what He says He will do and then wait and see what God will do for you because He is who He says that He is and He loves you so much!
Power Thought:
When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end because He is your personal God. Let the weak say, "I am STRONG!"

No comments:

Post a Comment