Friday, November 18, 2011

Power of What You Say


Key Scripture:  Let the weak say, “I am strong”.   Joel 3:10
Whoever says to this mountain, “Be lifted up and thrown into the sea” and does not doubt at all in his heart, but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him. Mark 11:23, Amplified Bible
Power Point:
We’ve all heard the phrase, “you are what you eat”.  (I could be in trouble!)  That’s very true, but an even larger truth is, “You are what you say.”  I don’t care where you go in scripture, you will find a Kingdom of God principle that says you will reap what you say with your words.  Remember poor Job?  He was fearful and he voiced it and what he feared came upon him. Big Time!
I have seen people receive healing and then begin to voice doubt and fearful expectations that it won’t last.  Usually it doesn’t. I remember the story of Dodie Osteen, pastor Joel Osteen’s mother. She had been diagnosed with a severe liver cancer and given only a few weeks to live. She decided to speak what God said about her situation and not what the doctors said. For months she posted God’s promises for her healing in every room of her house. She made a list of God’s declarations to her and began to speak them out every day. She still does that.
At one point, she took her Bible and stood on it, literally-a prophetic act of agreeing with what God had said to her.  Today, over thirty years later, she is still here, still in perfect health, and still reaching out to those who need her encouragement.
God has told us, “You will have what say.” Then He gives us some suggestions:
Let the weak say I am strong.
He gives power to me when I am faint and weary, and when I have no might, He increases strength-causing it to multiply and making it abound. Isaiah 40:29
My God will supply all my needs, according to His riches in Jesus. Ephesians 4:19
The peace of God, which passes all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
I abide in Him, and He abides in me.  I ask what I will and it is done for me. John 15:7
That’s what He says.  What do you say?
Power Thought:
I have told my people they can have what they say, but they are saying what they have.” Charles Capps, “God’s Creative Power”.


No comments:

Post a Comment