Monday, November 14, 2011

Power of Deep-Seated Kindness


Key Scripture:  “Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins-forgives and disregards the offenses of others. “ I Peter 4:8, The Amplified Bible.
Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.”  The Message
Power Point:
This morning I awoke with the term, “deep-seated” on my mind.  It means something that goes far below the surface, something that is firmly established.  When I asked the Lord what He meant, He reminded me of yesterday’s "Power UP!" on kindness. During the day yesterday I had an opportunity to think UN-Kind thoughts about someone. Unfortunately, I took advantage of the opportunity to speak what I was thinking. Afterward, I felt “icky”.  I knew better but my frustration got the better of what I knew. This morning I agreed with God that I had been unkind and He began to show me that when we learn a truth we have to prepare our hearts for it to be firmly planted.  We must work on “guarding” and “tending to” the seed that He wants to plant in us so that it takes deep root and becomes firmly established. Yesterday was a test for me and even though I tripped over that truth and stumbled a bit, I learned something very valuable. Kindness is not an option with God.  He is never UNKIND. This is what He said to me:
“If kindness is deep-seated in you, it’s not just an action or a word when you are with that person.  It is also the thoughts and words you think or speak about them when you are NOT with them.”  It means I never have an option to be unkind, whether it is in public or in private.
Whew!  I guess that means if “love is the root command” in my life, I am to treat people with the same intense and unfailing love that God does. That love is manifest in kindness.
Kindness is manifested in covering the sins of those around us. The word “cover” literally means, "hinder the knowledge of something". In other words, when someone sins we are to hinder the knowledge of that sin. We don’t tell everyone we know where they fell short. We show them kindness when we are with them and when we are not.  We pray FOR them, and intercede FOR them with God.
Today I am tying my thoughts to His thoughts-you know, the higher ones. I’m bent on kindness when I am with someone and when I am not.  I do NOT like feeling “icky”!
Power Thought:
God’s kindness is contagious.  I definitely want to be “infected” with His deep-seated kindness that covers up the mistakes that other people are making.
Don't miss this video. It will bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment