Friday, November 11, 2011

Power of Surprises



Key Scripture:  “You know my path and my lying down.  You are acquainted with all my ways. Before there is a word on my tongue, you know it altogether.”  Psalm 139:3,4
Power Point:
My grandson, JD, who is nine, told his mom the other day that he wished God didn’t know everything. When she asked him “Why?” he said, “Because He never gets to be surprised!”
Did I mention that I have the best grandchildren ever? Don’t you love that heart that loves God so much that He wants Him to have the joy of being surprised?
When you think about it, it’s a good thought to think!  If God is never surprised, then that means that nothing you do surprises Him. Duh! It means that He set His love on you, He chose you, and He blessed you even though He knew absolutely everything you would think or do. He knew in advance that you had some shortcomings, (some of us more than others), and it didn’t stop Him from being totally loving, totally kind, totally “all in” for you. That says a lot about Him doesn’t it?
 God delights in us. What makes us happy-makes Him happy. Do you remember in Luke 10 when Jesus sent out the seventy disciples for the first time without Him? When they returned He joined in their excitement to the point of kicking up His heels and spinning around. Maybe the best surprise is seeing someone enjoy their surprises. When someone is a “giver”, like your heavenly Father, the biggest blessing He could have is to share your delight in the surprises He has stored up for you.  I remember when my children were small and we would hide Easter eggs and candy for them-and then there was Christmas! The best surprises. I was just as excited as they were.
So is God, beloved. He’s prepared a million billion surprises for you in your lifetime. Give Him the joy of looking for them and being excited.
Power Thought:
Your life has always been an open book to your Father. He read the last page first.

No comments:

Post a Comment