Saturday, November 12, 2011

Power of the Harness









      Key Scripture: 


     "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts says, the Lord. My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the Lord. And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.: My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55           
    
     "Be transformed by changing your mind." Romans 12:2, Suzanne Version

    Power Point:

     The point is that when we receive the Holy Spirit of God, through Jesus, we get a whole new playbook. The old thoughts we had that got us nowhere can now become higher and better than we ever imagined.  We get the opportunity to think like God thinks.  Imagine that!  
     We have the same Spirit in us that filled Jesus with all the power of heaven and gave Him the wisdom to bring it to earth.  but that's the problem isn't it? We have it all available to us and yet we continue to live life the same way we did before. We don't pick up those new weapons and we steadfastly refuse to change our thinking.  (You know, the thinking that got us where we are in the first place!)  Romans 12 is very clear that if you don't change your mind, God's will won't be evident in your life. Ouch.
     My friend, Julie had a vision the other day about horses running. There were for or five of them and they were scattered all over the place.  Then the horses were harnessed and they began to run as a team, going the same direction, on the same track, at the same time. When you let God help you harness your thoughts and bring them under the control of HOly Spirit, your race will go much easier.  Not to mention the fact that when you are in agreement with God so that He can handle the reins you are going to end up in exactly the right place at the right time.
      I don't know about you but I want to go where HE wants to take me and I want to think the way HE thinks.  My lower thoughts get absolutely nowhere.  How about you?
      I do love the way God does things.  The same day I had the vision about the horse not being able to get out of the gate, was the day Julie had the vision about the scattered horses.  The funny thing is those pictures were perfect for each of us individually and as friends.  Julie's thoughts tend to scatter.  She can have many thoughts (usually good ones!) going in different directions.  My mind, on the other hand, is sometimes too focused.  Sometimes I need to look up and get through the gate and sometimes she needs to harness her thoughts in order to run her race.  Together we are a good team-with one helping the other to run with God. When Holy Spirit is in charge of things, He will help us to change the direction of our thoughts.  Beloved, that is a very good thing!
     Power Thought:
     Making your thoughts like God's thoughts will lead to heaven on earth-for you.


P  







No comments:

Post a Comment