Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Power of Growing UP!


Key Scripture:  God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love, like Christ in everything.”  Ephesians 4:15, The Message
Power Point:
Okay, I’m aware that a lot of you do not like change.  In fact, some of my nearest and dearest hold on to the “present” and the “present circumstances” with uncanny strength. (You know who you are!)
The perfect picture of all this is the new software I’ve installed on my MacMy laptop is three years old which means of course, that it’s antiquated. With all the problems with emailing the ‘Power UP!” I decided I needed to move up the ladder in that department. I finally bought the Lion software and got it installed. I delayed because I kept thinking I would never figure it all out.  It is different but it is also much better than my old software. I’ve gone from being a “leopard” to a LION!  I like it! It does so many wonderful things.  In the last three years they’ve developed so many applications that make it much easier to do things. I was a little afraid, well, okay a lot afraid of it, but I did it anyway and I am so glad I did.
Most of my friends have computers.  Most of my friends have pursued little more than finding the on/off button. There’s a whole new world underneath those keys but they don’t want to experience it.  My friend, Donna has just invested in her first IPhone. She’s learning how to do all the “apps” and is really having fun with it.   It’s sort of fun when we all get together and we are trying to make plans for something and everyone whips out their IPhone or Blackberry to check their calendars.  (You really can teach an “old dog” new tricks.)
The whole foundational principle of the Kingdom of God is growth.  Jesus compares it to seed being planted, and to a farmer plowing his field. Paul tells us to keep growing in grace and knowledge. God expects us to grow UP!  If you allow yourself to stay at the same level of knowledge that you had when you entered the kingdom, you’re going to be really disappointed when you get to heaven and see all the fun that you missed along the way. It’s sort of like going to kindergarten and staying there for your whole life. We’d look a little silly in those little chairs at the ripe old age of 50 or 60 or 70 wouldn’t we?
One of the most awesome things about Holy Spirit is that he loves to help us grow. He challenges us to grow.  He teaches us to grow. When we don’t hold back it can be the most exciting time of our lives. Just hang on to His coattails and run with Him.
How about it? Are you ready for a “growth spurt”?  Are you ready to open yourself up to a little change, a little challenge and a lot of excitement?  Of course you are.  Come ON!  Power UP!
Power Thought:
There’s a whole new world at your fingertips.  Are you ready to explore it?


No comments:

Post a Comment