Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Power of a "Maybe" Life



Power of a “Maybe” Life
Key Scripture: I couldn’t be more sure of my ground-the One I’ve trusted in can take care of what he’s trusted me to do right to the end.”  II Timothy 1:12, The Message
I know, I perceive, have knowledge of and am acquainted with Him-Whom I have believed (trusted in and relied on), and I am (positively) persuaded that He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me and which I have committed to Him until that day.” Amplified Bible.
Power Point:
I heard a commercial the other day and they were talking about living a “maybe” life.  Of course, the phrase caught my attention and I began to think about how we sometimes live a “maybe’ life.
God will often tell us to believe Him for something and instead of leaping on it with a resounding “yes”, we hesitate, fluctuate, and “shilly-shally”, “dilly-dally,” dawdle and delay. Usually we want a few more facts, a few more “definite” answers before we agree don’t we? I can remember my grandmother saying, “Suzanne, don’t you “dilly-dally”! (meaning, MOVE IT!)
Let’s look at the cold hard facts here.  Either God is Who He says He is or He isn’t. Either He will do what He says He will do or He won’t.  If you’re hesitant in any way about lining your life up with Him, about saying ‘yes” when he asks you to do something, then Beloved, you probably don’t really believe that He is good all the time, or on your side all the time, and that His plans for you are lively, hopeful and only fabulous.
When you attend a wedding ceremony, what would you think if the bride or groom, when asked “Will you take this person to be your lawfully wedded spouse, till death do you part?” replies with a resounding “Maybe”? I can’t imagine the other person smiling and saying, “that’s great!”
Are you still saying “maybe” to God? Well why not take a tiny step of faith and whisper a soft “yes”. He’ll hear you and He’ll respond. He’s just waiting for the “maybe” in your voice to disappear. "Maybe" sounds like:  “maybe He will, maybe He won’t” or “maybe He didn’t mean ME!”, or “maybe I’ll mess it up” .  Beloved, you have to know Whom you have believed and be absolutely, positively persuaded that He is able to do what He says He will do. Really.
Power Thought:
A definite "maybe" does not indicate sincere commitment.  Move it!

No comments:

Post a Comment