Saturday, February 18, 2012

Power of Being Filled To Capacity


Power of Being Filled To Capacity
Key Scripture:  "I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart." Mark 11:23
Power Point:
I’m sure you’ve heard people talk about seeing the glass half full or half empty. I’m learning to be half full more than I am half empty. I guess that’s a result of faith. I was getting pretty proud of myself for being a "half-full" person- you know, patting myself on the back for my great faith, when the Lord told me that real faith sees the glass totally full and overflowing. This is just a thought but for those of us who are a bit smug about being the “half-full” kind of people-we’re still only half full of faith. There’s half of you that’s pulling in the opposite direction isn’t there- and  it’s the half empty part that really messes us up.
For example, in Hebrews we learn that faith is full faith and confidence in who God is and what He has promised. I guess you could say that anything less is not really faith. So, if we’re a mixture of half full and half empty, does that mean we’re double minded and unstable? Hmm. In James it says that we are to ask in faith without doubting. Does that mean that we are to be fully assured that what we ask for will be answered?
What about when you are praying for someone else? Do you have a half-full glass of faith? Are you sure God is able to help but not sure if He will?
Wouldn't you feel a bit put off if you were discussing marriage with the love of your life and when you are so excited that you gush "I love you so much!" They reply, "I sort of love you too." I met a lady the other day who told me that on her wedding day she was so frightened that she had to be helped down the aisle, seated on a chair with her head between her knees and only raised her head to say "I do". Really! I think I might have had second thoughts about committing myself for life to someone who was "less than committed" to me. It can certainly put a damper on things when people aren't as filled to capacity as we  are can't it? 
Yet isn't that how we respond to God at times? His kingdom works by faith and His glass is always full to overflowing. He's passionate about everything! He is so delighted to bless you and He always sees the end from the beginning, not the beginning of the end! He has absolute confidence in Himself that He will do what He has says He will do in response to your faith. No doubt about it! Remember that the next time you pray a prayer that is “half-full of faith”  You might even try not opening your little half-full mouth until you’ve filled it all the way full with absolute confidence. That's when good things really start to happen and the glass overflows. Faith is absolute confidence, not in the size of your faith but in the size of your God.
Power Thought:
Filled to capacity with faith.  What an awesome thought!



No comments:

Post a Comment