Thursday, February 2, 2012

Power Of Words To Live By


"Good words are worth much and cost little."  George Herbe
Key Scripture:  “Be anxious for nothing…and God’s peace will guard your hearts and minds in Him.”  Philippians 4:6,7
Power Point:
I have been in the “waiting stage” to see if my dental implant “took”. When I called to make my appointment for the final visit I asked the girl what they would be doing. She said, “They’ll be applying “force” to see if it “took”. Force? I have a rough history of bad things happening in my mouth no matter how hard I try to take care of it. Force? Hmm. That word threw me. It continued to throw me. For the next five days it would pop up and I would wonder and even worry (a bit). I dreamed of them coming in with huge clamps and a hammer and three people holding me down while they applied ‘force”.  (Not really, but close!).  Just one simple word and it ruined my week.
The morning of the appointment I began writing a "Power UP!" on “Be anxious for nothing.” Holy Spirit really was emphasizing “anxious” and “nothing”.  The next verse says we are to focus on the very good things God is doing and has promised and then His peace, which passes all understanding, even in rough and bumpy places will guard our hearts and minds in Him. At the beginning of this process when I had asked Him what He wanted to be for me in this situation, He said, “A miracle”.  I was all for that! Later, as I lay back in the chair, I asked the assistant what they would be doing-“applying force”. Oh good.  As my mind locked on to that word, the Lord said, “be anxious for nothing.”  Darn! He had me again. The “Power UP!” wasn’t for you it was for me! He reminded me of the word “miracle” which trumps a negative “force” every time.  He reminded me that if I thought about Him, His promises and His peace, I was setting the stage for the “miracle”. They were both just words and words have an effect on us. Words either paint pictures in our minds of life or death, of possibility of impossibility. It’s why Jesus defines Himself as the “Word”. His words are the ones we’re supposed to dwell on and dwell in.
What are the “words” you're locked on to today? Are you thinking about what Jesus has promised or what someone else has said?  Jesus says that if we keep our minds focused on Him, He will keep us in perfect peace that passes all understanding. It’s important that we believe that isn’t it? The words  “passes all understanding,” must mean there will be times when you don’t understand how you can have peace. That’s when the Word shows up and reminds you of what He has promised.  You can believe in “force” or “miracle”, “impossible” or “possible.
It’s not always easy is it? But if you “force” yourself to stay in the place where you can hear His Words and let them release the force of your faith you will get your miracle.  I did. The wonderful words were, “You passed with flying colors!” Now that IS a miracle. Thank You Jesus. May the force of His words be with you!
Power Thought:
You’re never forced into peace.  It’s always a choice.  Psalms 85:8 says, “I will listen (with expectancy) to what God will say, for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints…yes, the Lord will give what is good.”  Those are good words to live by, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment