Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Power of the Power of His Peace



Key Scripture: “I will listen [with expectancy] to what God the Lord will say, for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints (those who are in right standing with Him).  Psalms 85:8
Power Point:
Did you know that God speaks peace to you? Really. It’s one of the benefits of our inheritance.  Not only does He speak peace in bad times He speaks it ALL the time. The Hebrew word for peace means “that which destroys chaos.”  If you’ve ever been in chaos you know how awesome it is for someone to offer peace of mind to you.
The wonderful joy of knowing God intimately is that you hear “peace” all the time. If you are as “intimately acquainted” with all HIS ways as He is with yours, you will experience His peace, His joy, His kindness, and of course, His power for you.
Is that not working for you? Maybe today would be a good time to ask Him why? And don’t get under the pile, simply say, “Lord what can I change?”  In Isaiah 32:18, it says, “My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, In secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.” That His promise.  You can take it to the bank and cash it in. I can remember a time when my dwelling place was anything but peaceful.  I felt insecure and anxious. And then I asked my Father to show me what I was missing. He did. I won’t bore you with the details but the biggest thing He did was began to reveal His goodness and kindness to me. That’s why I talk about it all the time. It has been a huge revelation that has changed my life and I hope it will change yours.
Beloved, if you ask Him He will always show you the Truth.  In my case, I began to “savor the moment”-not just huge miracle moments, but the quiet moments where I could just “be” with Him.  I learned how to draw peace from Him because I learned how to trust Him. That gave me the great advantage of beginning to know Him more intimately, which meant that I expected and uncovered the treasures of His goodness and His kindness.
The greatest gift is being able to enjoy life with Him in the good times as well as the bad. I make it a point to tell Him “thank you” in the happy times as well as the sad. It sets a foundation for my faith and allows me to enjoy the joy and the peace of His presence on a regular basis.
He’s pretty busy but I think He can fit you into His day today. Why not give Him a call?
Power Thought:
Listen.  With expectancy.
God says, "Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." Jeremiah 33:3


   

No comments:

Post a Comment