Monday, February 27, 2012

Power of Getting Direction



Power Of Taking Direction
Key Scripture: “Let me give you some good advice; I’m looking you in the eye and giving it to you straight.” Psalms 32:8 The Message
The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”   NLT
Power Point:
I heard a prophetic word today from Bob Jones.  It included this children’s poem from long ago:

“Stop, look and listen

Before you cross the street
First use your eyes,
Then use your ears
Before you use your feet.”

This is a caution that the Lord has given me many times-“Suzanne, don’t take another step, look straight in My eyes and listen to every word I say!” I’m getting better at it. Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we just keep going don’t we? It seems as though we don’t have the time or the inclination to stop and use our eyes and our ears before we use our feet. We would be much wiser to halt all forward motion until we’ve gotten good directions. Don’t you agree?
That reminds me of trips my husband and I would take when we were first married. After we had gone the wrong way three times I would finally convince him to stop and ask directions. I was grateful for the service stations back then that actually had people in them who could help you.
It actually was a little funny when it happened. I would just sit back, open my book and tell him to let me know when we were going the right way again. Sometimes you just need a little extra help getting where you need to go. Are you a little confused? Usually the right person to ask is Holy Spirit. After all, He’s got the map right in front of Him, and He has a great sense of direction.
Often (always) when my prayer group buddies and I go off on a trip together we get lost. Yes. Lost. Even with the wonders of a GPS we manage to lose our way. It takes HOURS for us to find our way home. One day, we were in two separate cars and still managed to get lost separately. Brother!
At any rate, I think it is very good counsel to use our eyes and ears before we use our feet. If my friends and I had mapped out our course before we started out, we probably would have gotten there sooner. If my husband had gotten directions before we started it would have saved us a lot of time. His comment was, “But I have a great sense of direction.” Evidently it didn’t work well where we were going.
So, what’s on your life map for today?  Do you need to sit down with Holy Spirit and get directions? Do you need to stop look and listen before you cross the street or head across that train track? Yes, Beloved, you do. He always knows the road you need to take and the fastest, safest route to get there. (Although sometimes He does take you around the mountain.) The best thing is that He’ll ride right along with you to be sure you don’t get lost again. I love that about Him.
Power Thought:
Use your eyes, then use your ears before you use your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment