Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Power of Missions Impossible



Mission Impossible:
                                                                     Ghost Protocol
Key Scripture:  “All things are possible with God.”
Power Point:
I went to see “Mission Impossible; Ghost Protocol” today. I’m exhausted from trying to help Tom Cruise beat up the bad guys and walk up tall buildings, just exhausted. As I was sitting there enjoying the movie the Holy Spirit began to whisper in my ear, “Remember when you used to call me the Holy Ghost?” I did. As a child that was how He was referred to in my church. It was a bit scary for me-the whole ghost thing. It was far from comforting.  And no one ever explained to me that it simply meant that God could be Spirit as well as flesh and because of that He could be everywhere at the same time. And then of course, He wanted to live in me so that I could experience the closeness of His presence always. Now that I understand that truth it has changed my life, the way I look at everything, knowing that I am never without the presence of God. A good thing, don’t you think? Thank You Jesus.
At any rate I started thinking about "Mission Impossible, Ghost Protocol". As far as I know, a protocol is a code of behavior, a set of rules determining how we should proceed. Well, the Holy Spirit has a “Ghost Protocol” for every seemingly impossible mission in your life.  He says if we keep His word close to our hearts, and if we follow His protocol, His rules of conduct, then He is free to make all things possible. If you go to see the movie, you will realize that the enemy was everywhere. Tom didn’t have an easy time of it but he followed the protocol and the enemy lost. Good for him.
Now it’s your turn.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to be filled with the Spirit, follow His lead, and watch the impossibilities become possibilities. You have a situation? What does HE say about it?  What can HE do about it? What does He want you to do? 
I can promise you this, He's on the job. He will never leave you to accomplish your mission on your own. In fact, He likes it much better when you wait on His instructions, His protocol.
Are you ready for a "mission impossible"?  Of course you are.
Power Thought:
Don't forget! With God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment