Friday, February 24, 2012

Power of A Man Of His Word

                                    A Man Of His Word
Key Scripture:  “For God’s word is solid to the core.”  Psalms 33:4, The Message
Power Point:
I’ve been watching the presidential race with great interest this year. The leading candidate is always barraged with negative attacks intended to make him look like a liar. In the debates when these attacks come, that person begins to look like a “deer in the headlights”.  He’s stunned that people are attacking his words and his record and he ends up on in defensive mode trying to clear his name. Whew! I’m so glad I am NOT running for office!
I was thinking about all this today and realized that if you are a man or woman of your word, you don’t have to worry about clearing your name. Your actions will speak for themselves. Your record will support what you say and since its all there in black and white, your word is easily proven. If you think about it, God is always a man of His Word.  It’s all there in black and white and easily proven. He wrote it all down before we needed it and He hasn’t changed a jot or a tittle. That’s because He is the same God He was when He created man to be His partner in running the world and He hasn’t changed His mind. You never have to wonder how we will respond. Here are some of the principles that shape His Word:
I will never, never, never leave you or forsake you. I will NOT, I will not, I will not.
I will provide all your needs.
I will love you with an everlasting love.
I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
I will help you.
He who believes in me shall ask for what he wishes and I will do it for him.
I delight in blessing you.
And of course:
I will be with you. Do not fear, for I am with you.
Those words have been spoken by a God Who is a Man of His Word. You can believe them. You can trust in them. And you can shape your life around them and expect good results.
Do you really believe that? Do you believe that God’s promises are the Truth?  If you do then in every “iffy” place in your life, your confidence and faith will grow and grow. Did He really say that there’s nothing that He will not work together for good in your life?  He did. Did He really say that you could ask Him anything and He would do it for you? He did. Did He really say that there is nothing you could ever do that would separate you from His love?  Yes, He did.
Did He really say He would provide everything you need? He did Beloved, and He meant every word
Maybe today would be a good day to sit down and have a chat with Him and ask Him what He is wants to be for you in your “iffy” situation. How can this situation work for good? I think you might be surprised at His answers. He's solid to the core.
Power Thought:
His character and His commitment to you is the foundation of your faith. Your faith stands or falls on what you really believe about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment